IT Support Associate
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
The IT Associate works to ensure a smooth operational technology environment through proactive engagement with our staff as requirements, issues or problems arise. The IT Associate will be a part of an integrated global team providing quality guidance and support to colleagues locally and across the APCO network. The role offers extensive on-the-job learning opportunities and you will be working with the very latest hardware and collaboration technologies.
- Help desk support for regional and global users both in-person and remotely, working with the global service desk team and ensuring cases are updated and repeating issues are addressed effectively.
- Perform hands on support, both preventative and remedial for all company technologies, mobile devices, applications, cloud services, conferencing rooms and peripherals or other technologies as required.
- Engage service providers and vendors in logging support or service tickets as required or assigned.
- Participate in projects to improve service provision, performance or to resolve an ongoing requirement.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Candidates are expected to work in a rotation basis to support different region including MENA , US , Europe and Asia
The most important qualities for success in this role are:
- A genuine interest in technology.
- Determination, adaptability, independence and the ability to “find” work.
- Effective prioritization and organizational skills
- Empathetic communication skills
- Demonstrable ability in troubleshooting complex issues, research, analysis and critical thinking
- BA/BS or Technical degree in Information Technology related field is highly desirable
- COMPTIA A+ and/or Network+, Microsoft certification (MTA, MCP, MCITP, MCSE) or JAMF certification
- 2-5 years of relevant experience, ideally with a professional services firm.
- Experience in Tier 3 or Tier 2 helpdesk support
- Supporting PC and Mac hardware, peripherals and networking technologies.
- Hardware and software troubleshooting techniques, tools and utilities
- Windows, MacOS, IOS and their cloud management platforms e.g. InTune
- Experience with managing MacOS and IOS devices with JAMF Pro.
- Office365 or other business productivity suite administration experience
- Experience supporting Zoom and Teams for remote users, and an understanding of conference room AV technology.
- Experience working consistently within a call tracking system (e.g. Freshservice), assigning, updating and closing tickets in a reliable manner
- The physical abilities needed to perform the duties of this position, in addition to the office climate:
- Office environment is general office setting.
- The candidate shall already be based in Jordan
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations.
About APCO Worldwide in MENA Region
Home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world, the Middle East and North Africa region has a pivotal role to play in driving global conversations – from environmental policies to religion and pop culture. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are clear leaders in this equation, although the wave of innovation continues to transcend borders.
APCO launched its regional operations in 2006 in Dubai. Growing from a team of less than 10 consultants, APCO today has over 200 people from 26 countries working in teams across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Manama and Kuwait and our projects take us to countries across the region and the Levant. APCO was awarded Best Agency in the Middle East by PRWeek in 2019 and Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network by PRovoke Media in 2017 and 2019.
With a portfolio of over 100 clients, APCO’s MENA offices deliver public relations and digital communication support across health, food, consumer & retail, finance, technology, real estate & hospitality, non-profit and public affairs practices. The region also offers specialized services, created for the Middle East, such as our Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model and our Compass and License to Operate offerings.
In addition, APCO’s global AI Comms Lab, a first-of-its-kind innovation center which utilizes artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputations of major global brands, governments and organizations is driven from the Dubai office.
From helping governments connect with the private sector and civil society, to supporting the Pope’s historic visit to the region and launching iconic brands and destinations, we understand the nuances of the MENA region and pride ourselves on making an impact