Project Consultant- Healthcare Communications
We have an immediate opportunity for an early-career communication professional (Project Consultant / Account Executive level) to join our NA Health Practice. This opportunity is located in any one of our APCO NA office locations (Chicago, DC, NYC, Raleigh or West Coast).
Our team includes experienced health care experts with diverse backgrounds who, collectively, give the firm a comprehensive understanding of the issues, politics and players who shape health care and health policy. APCO and its professionals have played leading roles in virtually every major health care issue considered over the past few decades.Our clients include leading pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical societies, trade associations, health insurers, pharmacy benefit managers, patient advocacy groups and medical device makers.
- Supports and implements a wide range of strategic communication and issues management campaigns for our high profile, globally recognized health care clients
- Provides the highest level of client service on a daily basis through proactive account management
- Produces flawless written deliverables under tight deadlines
- Drafts initial proposals for client work
- Attends and actively participates in internal and client meetings, including brainstorming sessions
- Participates in strategy development for client campaigns, including media relations, coalition building, grass roots advocacy, executive positioning and corporate communications
- Takes ownership of media relations efforts including pitching and cultivating relationships with media
- Participates in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- 2-3 years of experience in health care communication, health policy or advocacy work
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Keen understanding of complex health issues
- Broad range of experience communicating around health care generally and demonstrate a clear passion for health care issues and the health care industry
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Solid project management experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Previous health care trade association, consulting and/or Capitol Hill experience a plus
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.