Data Scientist/ ML Engineer
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
About APCO in the Middle East and North Africa
Home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world, the Middle East and North Africa region has a pivotal role to play in driving global conversations – from environmental policies to religion and pop culture. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are clear leaders in this equation, although the wave of innovation continues to transcend borders.
APCO launched its regional operations in 2006 in Dubai. Growing from a team of less than 10 consultants, APCO today has over 200 people from 26 countries working in teams across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Manama and Kuwait and our projects take us to countries across the region and the Levant. APCO was awarded Best Agency in the Middle East by PRWeek in 2019 and Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network by PRovoke Media in 2017 and 2019.
With a portfolio of over 100 clients, APCO’s MENA offices deliver public relations and digital communication support across health, food, consumer & retail, finance, technology, real estate & hospitality, non-profit and public affairs practices. The region also offers specialized services, created for the Middle East, such as our Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model and our Compass and License to Operate offerings.
In addition, APCO’s global AI Comms Lab, a first-of-its-kind innovation center which utilizes artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputations of major global brands, governments and organizations is driven from the Dubai office.
From helping governments connect with the private sector and civil society, to supporting the Pope’s historic visit to the region and launching iconic brands and destinations, we understand the nuances of the MENA region and pride ourselves on making an impact.
As a Data Scientist/ ML Engineer you will be responsible for supporting our clients on data-driven insights and working closely with colleagues across all regions to identify cases of data science. The successful candidate will bring a good knowledge of analytics and AI and a great grasp of digital transformation.
Work closely with colleagues from different departments to identify use cases for data science that adds value to our business and our clients
- Support on the daily development of client deliverables and analysis of the client’s data that requires analytics and data science know-how
- Support the development of new business proposals for the clients with a special focus on the analytics workstreams
- Supporting the digital team in several tasks such as data extraction, preparation, cleaning, analysis, visualizations and reports generations
- Converting complicated data science and analytics aspects into simple to understand concepts presented in a PowerPoint presentation form
- Look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across the clients
- Conduct research from which you'll develop prototypes and proof of concepts.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor or master’s degree in computer science (preferably with knowledge in Digital Communications)
- Knowledge of the basics of statistics and hypothesis testing
- Knowledge of a programming language (preferably Python or R)
- Solid understanding of data science and AI/machine learning/NLP algorithms (e.g., linear regression, Doc2Vec, Transformers, etc.)
- Knowledge of React for front-end web applications development
- Basic understanding of web development principles including but not limited to post and get requests, REST API, etc.
- Fluent in Arabic and English would be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years and maximum of 6 years.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with more than 30 offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia – with a diverse global team of more than 800 experts.
APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business and has been named the “Best EMEA Network to Work For, 2017” and “Public Affairs Agency of the Year, 2017” by the Holmes Report.