Administrative Assistant for shared services, Entry to Mid Level
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Working part of a 24-hour shared services team, handle requests that come in via the ticketing system to provide support in a range of largely HR and Finance-related admin tasks, including but not limited to:
- Handling expenditures and tracking invoice / purchase order progress
- Assisting with onboarding and offboarding administrative processes
- Updating HR system with new hire notifications, updating salary and other related information
- Setting up new hires in HR and ERP system
- Updating organization charts
- Assist with administrative processes related to external consultant / freelancer contracts and extensions
- Responding to random employee data inquiries from Finance and IT
- Manage calendar invites for global and regional training meetings and events (includes multiple session and time zone planning)
- Support with HR intranet updates on policies and procedures
- Other admin-related tasks as assigned
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Attention to detail
- Good Initiative
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, HR, or Equivalent
- 2-4 years of relevant strong administrative experience
- Experience in using a ticket request tracking system would be useful but not essential (Freshdesk, ZenDesk, Zoho Desk etc.).
About APCO in the Middle East and North Africa
Home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world, the Middle East and North Africa region has a pivotal role to play in driving global conversations – from environmental policies to religion and pop culture. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are clear leaders in this equation, although the wave of innovation continues to transcend borders.
APCO launched its regional operations in 2006 in Dubai. Growing from a team of less than 10 consultants, APCO today has over 200 people from 26 countries working in teams across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Manama and Kuwait and our projects take us to countries across the region and the Levant. APCO was awarded Best Agency in the Middle East by PRWeek in 2019 and Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network by PRovoke Media in 2017 and 2019.
With a portfolio of over 100 clients, APCO’s MENA offices deliver public relations and digital communication support across health, food, consumer & retail, finance, technology, real estate & hospitality, non-profit and public affairs practices. The region also offers specialized services, created for the Middle East, such as our Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model and our Compass and License to Operate offerings.
In addition, APCO’s global AI Comms Lab, a first-of-its-kind innovation center which utilizes artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputations of major global brands, governments and organizations is driven from the Dubai office.
From helping governments connect with the private sector and civil society, to supporting the Pope’s historic visit to the region and launching iconic brands and destinations, we understand the nuances of the MENA region and pride ourselves on making an impact.