Project Consultant, Fintech, London
About APCO Worldwide
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO London has an incredible opportunity for an up-and-coming talent to join our exciting and fast-growing Fintech, Blockchain and Cryptocurrency team, working on some of the most recognisable brands in this space.
This is perfect for an ambitious and initiative-taking colleague who is either looking to break into the Fintech/Crypto space or looking for a platform to showcase the skills and knowledge you have gained thus far. Within this role you will have the chance to work with companies that are leading the disruption of traditional finance, with some of the sharpest minds in this space and be given freedom and the environment to learn, grow and develop your knowledge and skill-set.
The work is incredibly varied, crossing multiple countries and regions and working with diverse international teams, and will give you the opportunity to be at the core of Fintech and DeFi developments and trends.
About the successful candidate:
We are very open to candidates of all backgrounds and experience levels. You may have recently completed your studies, have completed some internships, or you have some business experience and are looking for that next step in your career.
The ideal candidate should also have:
- An understanding and willingness to learn more about UK policy and regulatory issues impacting the financial services and technology sectors, in particular in cryptocurrency, as well as a knowledge of the broader data economy.
- As you will work in close collaboration with our colleagues in Brussels and across other European countries, any and/or willingness to learn about policy areas under the European Commission’s “digital finance” and “Europe fit for the digital age” strategies, would be a strong plus.
- Good working knowledge of PR concepts and best practices and the value they can bring to clients, particularly those in a rapidly changing sector like FinTech.
As a Project Consultant you will:
- Have strong writing skills, demonstrate strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Be involved with day-to-day support of client projects by drafting client’s ready materials and supporting senior leaders meet client objectives.
- Demonstrate effective time management by completing deliverables on deadline
- Help to coordinate and nurture client relationships day-to-day
- Help to drive internal client meetings by preparing first drafts of agendas, contacts reports and activity reports, and offering knowledgeable observations and suggestions, etc.
- Help to drive business development opportunities, preparing customised credential packages for prospect clients, highlighting APCO capabilities, relevant case studies and industry notes and observations
About APCO in London
APCO London has over 70 staff working across more than 100 clients and sits at the centre of the agency’s global operations. Thanks to a diverse and multilingual team, APCO London leads on many of the agency’s most dynamic global assignments. With a growing client base in the most pressing issues facing the world today such as the transition to Net Zero and access to healthcare, APCO has been a fixture of the UK communication’s market since 1996 and continues to be at the forefront of the seismic changes facing economies and societies today. We are a truly integrated agency, with deep expertise and experience across the full range of communication offerings including corporate communications, public affairs, digital strategy and paid media.
APCO was awarded Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network in 2017 and 2019 and EMEA Corporate Consultancy of the year, 2019 by PRovoke Media and a PRCA Workplace Champion in 2020 in the large agency category.