Associate Director or Director, Crisis Management and Litigation Communication
We have an immediate opening for an Associate Director/Senior Associate Director/Director to join our Crisis Management and Litigation Communication (CMLC) practice. We have a preference for our New York City office or remote first in the Northeast or mid-Atlantic.
- Supports a wide range of fast-moving crisis, issues and litigation communications projects for high profile, globally recognized clients.
- Serves as APCO client lead managing workstreams and keeping track of deliverables against deadlines.
- Assists clients with developing communications strategies and tactical stakeholder communications plans to help manage issues and crises and mitigate reputation risks for clients.
- Manages the implementation of stakeholder communications plans, including reviewing and/or drafting stakeholder engagement materials (e.g., holding statements, fact sheets, and FAQS) and engaging with key stakeholders.
- Provides on-site support, as appropriate, for a client crisis or during a client trial.
- Collaborates with an APCO team spread across multiple offices.
- Takes ownership of developing and expanding client relationships and developing new business.
- Participates in new business efforts, including RFP responses, across APCO.
- Maintains deep understanding of industry topics, issues, or news involving client accounts in order to effectively deliver strong and creative communication strategies that are relevant to their needs and business objectives.
- Supports several client projects at the same time.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- A minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience in crisis, strategic, and litigation communication. PR Agency, business consulting, or law firm experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the legal system and legal documents is ideal.
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills and experience in stakeholder-focused communications and digital strategy.
- Detail-oriented, quick learner, ability to work independently, responsive to a rapidly changing environment, work well under tight deadlines, manage multiple complex projects and priorities simultaneously, be a self-starter, take initiative, and set priorities.
- Solid project management experience.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative team player.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.