Consultant/Senior Consultant - FinTech
APCO Brussels is looking to hire a Consultant/Senior Consultant to join our industry-leading Financial Services Practice with a focus on fintech expertise. We are looking for ambitious, talented, and tech-savvy professionals to join our incredibly diverse and multicultural team.
Ideally, you will demonstrate strong expertise in EU policy issues, Brussels developments, and macro business factors impacting clients.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate an understanding of consultancy business practices and processes, a genuine interest in and knowledge of EU fintech policy, as well as strong tactical and strategic abilities. The candidate would need to have a minimum of 4-7 years of relevant experience in consultancy, in-house, European institutions, or within trade associations.
This is a superb opportunity for a high-performing and initiative-taking colleague who will be responsible day-to-day for large client projects, coordinating cross-border activities, delivering client-ready materials, reviewing the work product of junior team members and actively engaging in the generation of new business. We believe we can give you a multi-market platform to grow, learn, develop and hone your tactical and strategic abilities.
By joining our team, you will be working with colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong expertise in EU fintech policy issues, Brussels developments, and macro business factors impacting clients.
- Experience working on policy issues impacting the fintech sector and the broader data economy; such as MiCA; AMLR; TFR; MiFID II review; Data Act; PSD II review; etc.
- Initiate and nurture client relationships, manage large client teams, take ownership of client projects by supervising project teams and delegate projects and tasks effectively
- Help to drive and nurture client relationships day-to-day; know when to leverage senior level relationships within APCO to further build the relationship within the client’s organization
- Confidently help to drive and lead internal and client meetings, offer knowledgeable observations and suggestions, establish credibility by insights shared, encourage and motivate others to communicate ideas
- Working with practice leaders to develop and implement the strategy which supports the client’s objectives, including everything from developing public affairs plans to properly scoping and pricing work, as well as managing work activities and resources within agreed upon budgets
- Help to drive business development opportunities and manage proposal process ensuring accurate scoping/budgeting of opportunities
- Demonstrate a good understanding of effective project management
- Take ownership and actively engage in team member development demonstrating thoughtful planning to increase individual skill sets by setting smart objectives
- Brings a network of trusted experts in the finance and fintech space, as well as in the media and supervisory/regulatory environment
What we offer you:
This full-time position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience. Being a part of a dynamic organisation means you never stop learning: the successful candidate will have an abundance of opportunities to progress in their career, add value to clients and contribute to the firm.
Collaboration is key to our success as a global, integrated firm: aside from working on various accounts, you will become part of a nationally diverse team in our Brussels office, with over 60+ multilingual consultants with policy expertise in several areas, e.g. technology, transport, healthcare, financial services, energy and environment etc. By operating in a collaborative environment, employees are encouraged to work across practice groups, offices, and regions and develop a multi-faceted understanding of policy/regulation, politics, issues and trends.