Consultant/ Senior Consultant, Advocacy/ Public Affairs
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
About APCO in Southeast Asia
APCO is a full-service strategic advisory and advocacy consultancy founded in 1984. Our solutions range from advisory, public affairs, strategic communications, government relations, market access/trade strategy, media relations, geopolitical risk assessment and digital/social content and engagement strategy.
APCO has strong expertise and extensive experience serving the healthcare, technology, philanthropy, education, financial, energy, food, consumer products and retail sectors. It has established multiple partnerships across sectors, particularly those in the area of social impact, emerging technologies and with experts in health, technology and CSR/sustainability. At the 2020 Asia-Pacific SABRE Awards, APCO was named one of the top firms to work for in Asia Pacific. In addition, the Southeast Asia team was a finalist in both the top consultancy in SEA in the categories of corporate/financial and healthcare.
APCO’s hub office in Singapore has supported leading clients from multinational companies and international organizations to governments and NGOs since 2006. APCO offers insights to help navigate the many dynamic markets in the region with its presence across the region, including Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, the Philippines, Myanmar and Cambodia. The Southeast Asia team also supports many clients throughout Asia Pacific markets including Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand.
With a proud history in Southeast Asia, APCO has successfully helped many organizations navigate the region’s complex business and social landscape throughout its rapid growth.
A Senior Consultant is responsible for managing portions of large client projects or managing small client projects independently, preparing client-ready materials (i.e. summary reports, press releases, credentials, proposals) and reviewing/improving the work product of junior team members.
- Senior Consultants oversee tasks and workflow, manage junior staff/teams, and manage full proposal development for new business.
- Senior Consultants maintain an awareness of macro business issues impacting clients by conducting and analyzing research on a variety of client related issues.
- The Senior Consultant is responsible for independently coordinating client meetings and events. The Senior Consultant completes client deliverables under the supervision of a more senior team member or assigned account manager.
- The Senior Consultant is expected to demonstrate an understanding of APCO’s business practices and processes, as well as strong tactical and strategic abilities.
- Senior Consultants possess strong written and oral communication skills and the professionalism of a Senior Consultant.
- The Senior Consultant will interface with all levels of staff and will have regular contact with staff in the client’s organization regarding project or client related issues.