Associate Director - Tech Policy
We are looking for a high-performing and initiative-taking senior team member who will be responsible for managing large client projects, coordinating cross-border activities, delivering client-ready materials and reviewing the work product of junior team members.
Trilligent is a free-form agency, engineered to help fast-moving, disruptive companies secure permission to operate, grow and lead.
With breathtaking technology-enabled advances emerging almost daily, Trilligent serves as a favored partner in helping innovators bring their disruptive ideas to market and to acceptance, and sustain their permission to operate through insightful counsel, unmatched access, compelling narratives, and creative solutions.
We are looking for a high-performing and initiative-taking Associate Director who will be responsible for managing large client projects, coordinating cross-border activities, delivering client-ready materials and reviewing the work product of junior team members.
You will join us with a solid industry background and be able to demonstrate an understanding of consultancy business practices and processes, as well as strong tactical and strategic abilities. The candidate would need to have a minimum of 6 to 9 years of relevant experience in consultancy or in-house.
By joining our team, you will be working with colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious.
Profile and Responsibilities:
As an Associate Director, you should thrive in a fast-moving and intellectually challenging environment where a commitment to delivering consistent excellence in client service is a strong motivating force. You will demonstrate strong organisational capabilities, leadership skills, tactical ability and have strong written and oral communication skills. To succeed in this role you will have a strong appetite and desire to learn the business and policy dynamics in a range of different business areas.
The Associate Director leads the work of large client assignments overseeing the work of junior colleagues. Such work includes the monitoring policy issues or media, conducting and analysing research on a variety of client-related issues or on business development efforts and drafting materials for clients for both internal and external use. Senior Consultants are responsible for coordinating client meetings and events and delegating tasks to junior team members and working on client deliverables independently.
As an Associate Director, you will interface with all levels of internal staff and client staff regarding project issues.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong expertise in EU Tech policy issues and macro business factors impacting clients. Experience working on policy issues impacting the technology sector and the broader data economy (all policy areas under the Commission’s “Europe fit for the digital age” strategy, but AI and the Digital Services Act in particular) a strong plus.
- Demonstrate strong expertise in EU policy issues, Germany-wide developments, and macro business factors impacting clients. Experience working on policy issues impacting the technology sector and the broader data economy a strong plus (all policy areas under the Commission’s 2015 Digital Single Market strategy).
- Readily introduce clients and contacts to colleagues to leverage internal expertise to grow business.
- Independently manage large client projects; Prepare client-ready materials and other deliverables, from summary reports to outreach events.
- Provide effective coaching and deliver training to junior colleagues.
- Review and improve work products of team members, line managing junior staff as appropriate.
- Actively look for and identify new business opportunities, together with more senior colleagues, and participate in pitches.
- Understand Trilligent's business practices and processes, and act as internal and external advocate for the organization.
- Proactively identify external meetings and training opportunities for self-development and the building of sector knowledge and contacts.
- Degree and/or post-graduate degree in any related field to the role or equivalent work experience.
- Ideally, a minimum of 4-7 years of relevant work experience in consultancy or in-house.
- Proven expertise in the Tech sector and EU Digital Single Market policy
- Experience in developing and executing communication and public affairs programs at EU level.
- Strong understanding of EU institutions and decision-making procedures.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a strong network within the EU institutions.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills, proactive “can-do” attitude.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Excellent command of another EU Member State's language desirable.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Eligible to work in the EU.
This full-time position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience.
Being a part of a dynamic organization means you never stop learning: the successful candidate will have an abundance of opportunities to progress in their career, add value to clients and contribute to the firm.
Collaboration is key to our success as a global, integrated firm: aside from working on various accounts, he/she will become part of a diverse and dynamic team in our Brussels and will collaborate with colleagues and leaders across Trilligent’s global network.