Associate Consultant (Transport)
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
We are looking for a high-performing and initiative-taking team member who will be responsible for managing client projects, coordinating cross-border activities, delivering client-ready materials and reviewing the work product of junior team members.
The candidate is expected to demonstrate an understanding of consultancy business practices and processes, as well as strong tactical and strategic abilities. The candidate would need to have a minimum of 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in public affairs, advocacy or communications.
By joining our team, you will be working with colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious.
Associate Consultants are involved in the day-to-day support of client projects by drafting materials (i.e. summary reports, press releases, credentials and proposals) and by conducting and analyzing research on a variety of client related issues, or media monitoring. They are responsible for coordinating client meetings and events, and working on client deliverables under the supervisor of a Consultant or assigned account manager. Associate Consultant are expected to demonstrate strong tactical abilities and writing fundamentals, and have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Participates actively in internal and client meetings, offering knowledgeable observations and suggestions
- Is able to maintain email/telephone contacts with clients as needed, without requiring a supervisor to intervene on routine matters
- Contributes to and prepares the “basic” reports required in the specific functional capacity (e.g, perception audits, market studies, provincial reports, summary reports, etc.) with minimal guidance and review by managers
- Prepares customized credential packages for prospective clients, highlighting APCO capabilities, relevant case studies, and high-level industry notes and observations (which requires a minimal review by project managers)
- Drafts complete initial proposals for client work
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Degree and/or post-graduate degree in any related field to the role
- 2 to 4 years of relevant work experience in consultancy, in-house, European institutions, or within associations, with focus on European transportation and sustainability policies
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing)
- Excellent command of another EU Member State's language
- In-depth transport sector knowledge and understanding at EU level
- Excellent communication & writing skills
- Good team player, proactive attitude
- Computer Skills: MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong understanding of EU institutions and decision-making procedures
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and perform under tight deadlines
- Eligible to work in the EU
This full-time position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience.
Being a part of a dynamic organization means you never stop learning: the successful candidate will have an abundance of opportunities to progress in their career, add value to clients and contribute to the firm.
Collaboration is key to our success as a global, integrated firm: aside from working on various accounts, he/she will become part of a diverse and dynamic team in our Brussels office and will collaborate with colleagues and leaders across APCO’s global network.
About APCO in Brussels
Brussels is the heart of the European Union, a €14 trillion single market of over 400 million consumers. Decisions taken in Brussels, for example concerning legislation, international trade and competition, can directly shape global policy and regulation in every business sector. Brussels’ relevance to business, politics and society is only expected to grow. This makes it a natural hub for pan-European and international public affairs and communication programs.
Since 1995, APCO has been at the forefront of strategic counsel and stakeholder engagement in Brussels. We act as trusted advisors and partners to businesses, governments, associations, law firms and non-profits from around the world. We combine a variety of integrated, innovative public affairs services, from sophisticated polling and research, to thought-leadership positioning, and digital and creative campaigns. Our diverse and multicultural team keeps our clients informed ahead of time and works seamlessly with colleagues in European capitals and beyond.
With our strategic communication experience and creative-thinking, we help clients tackle complex business-critical challenges. We create compelling campaigns that build trust, foster reputations and change perceptions in the heart of Europe, enabling our clients to see more clearly, communicate more authentically and act with real decisiveness when it comes to shaping debates and securing their goals.
APCO was awarded Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network in 2017 and 2019 and EMEA Corporate Consultancy of the year, 2019 by the PRovoke Media.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only be contacting successful candidates.