In-house Creative Director, APCO Brand
In this role, you will conceive, articulate, and chart a course for our global brand identity and visual marketing programs that range from print to digital while working with teammates across the business. The creative director will be responsible for developing engaging collateral for our brand that tells a story and elicits an emotional response.
As part of the global marketing and communications team, your work on the APCO brand will reach clients and prospects around the world, in a variety of industry sectors and practice disciplines, as well as our 800+ employees and candidates.
A bit about you
Your primary craft is design and you have a love of how words and images can work together to make an impact. You’re an innately curious, organized, disciplined and creative communicator with a passion for branding and marketing. You possess both technical expertise and the ability to work with many personalities. You embrace the power of data and research to inform your creative thinking. You examine details pixel by pixel but also see and speak to the global impact of our work. You uphold the integrity of a brand while knowing how to authentically evolve it. You are constantly analyzing how we can strategically push our brand, the mediums we use to promote our brand and messaging in a meaningful way.
- Lead on ideation and design of APCO’s brand positioning and employer brand efforts to maximize brand presence and marketplace exposure
- Develop creative briefs, provide feedback and strategically advise on the conception and implementation of the APCO brand for:
- Productized offerings
- Intellectual property
- Internal and external campaigns
- Marketing materials
- Website, newsletters, blogs and other digital platforms
- Videos and podcasts
- Audit and assess APCO’s brand guidelines and assets, and strategize to advance APCO’s brand presence, improve systems for stronger adherence to the brand across the company’s 30+ offices and ensure we meet opportunities in each local market to drive business results
- Oversee and art direct the creation of visually compelling materials, across mediums, that adhere to brand guidelines
- Manage the creative processes and stay abreast of technical and digital design developments to inspire award-winning work
- Navigate the competitive landscape and provide recommendations to continue to advance our presence
- Partner with the global marketing and communication assistant to manage vendor relationships
- Step in at various points of the project lifecycle, working both collaboratively and independently when appropriate
- Organize and meticulously manage brand assets (project files, photography, footage, stock, etc.)
- Contribute to thought leadership pieces and new business development
- Engage in marketing strategy and planning efforts
- A robust background with extensive (10+ years) experience in a creative leadership role in a global agency environment. Global brand experience preferred.
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent experience.
- Strong portfolio with conceptual work that includes produced work in integrated marketing campaigns and branding.
- Proven leadership skills—from mentoring creatives to expertly advising agency consultants.
- Strong ability to articulate clear creative direction and recommendations to improve on the creative process to keep work on budget and schedule.
- A proven advocate for brands, embracing their values and articulating their purpose to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience on global projects.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- Skilled in the art of prioritizing and managing work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.