Associate Director - Healthcare
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
About APCO in Italy
APCO’s multilingual team helps clients navigate the complex policy, regulatory and media landscape in Italy, one of the largest European markets, which is currently developing a number of ambitious economic and institutional reforms to re-launch the local economy. Our Italy team, with offices in Rome and Milan, is fully integrated with APCO’s global operations and offers clients cross-sector services, empowered by an in-depth knowledge of the national landscape and a strong network of media and institutional contacts.
APCO was awarded Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network in 2017 and 2019 and EMEA Corporate Consultancy of the year, 2019 by the PRovoke Media.
Typical examples of work:
- Leading multiple work streams and managing clients' relationships.
- Supervising project teams and, when required, delegating projects and tasks effectively.
- Setting and identifying appropriate strategies to support clients' goals and develop integrated communications plans.
- Setting projects' scope of work and pricing, as well as defining resources to be involved within agreed upon budgets.
- Identifying opportunities for new business.
- Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Ideally between 7-10 years of Pr, strategic communications or media experience – agency experience is a big plus. Healthcare expertise is required
- Strong understanding of healthcare communication landscape and a rooted network within healthcare KOL, media, etc.
- Able to actively network to identify new business prospects as routine activity
- Able to independently manage client relationships effectively
- Able to organize and manage teams around business development opportunities and project delivery tasks.
- Able to lead internal and client meetings, offer knowledgeable observations and suggestions, establish credibility by insights shared, encourage and motivate others to communicate ideas.
- Proficient in project management