Project Consultant, Public Affairs
APCO Worldwide is looking for bright and ambitious communications and public affairs professionals with entry-level experience (up to 3 years) to join its Paris team.
We are looking for a Project consultant to work on a variety of strategic communication or crisis communications and public affairs accounts. The ideal candidate would have great analytical and writing skills, a real hunger and talent for crafting stories and a strong interest in politics and governmental affairs. Ideally, the candidate would also have a strong interest for data analytics as well as digital communications.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communications and business strategy firm with more than 30 offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia – with a diverse global team of more than 800 experts.
APCO Worldwide has been established in Paris for over 20 years, and our diverse and talented team is well connected to journalists, business and nonprofit executives, government officials, market researchers, and experts in a variety of sectors. With a team of 25 consultants in France, APCO works for clients covering a wide range of industries: financial services, energy and clean tech, transportation, food and consumer products, IT and new technologies, pharmaceuticals and healthcare as well as government representation. APCO Worldwide France is a member of the AFCL, the French lobbying trade association.
APCO was awarded Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network in 2017 and 2019 and EMEA Corporate Consultancy of the year, 2019 by PRovoke Media.
About the role
The Project Consultant will interact with all levels of consultants at APCO and will have daily contact with staff members of the client’s organization regarding project issues. Key responsibilities include:
- Media, social media, political and institutional monitoring on key accounts
- Research projects leading to clear and insightful reports for clients
- Coordination of client meetings and events (institutional or government meetings, interviews, press conferences, roundtables, etc.)
- Production of essential deliverables under the supervision of a more senior team member:
- Client deliverables: summary or concept notes, recommendations, stakeholder mappings, media lists, briefing books, talking points, etc.
- Communications tools: press releases and statements, institutional letters and notes, op-eds, blog posts, social media content
- Participation to media and government relations
- Support on new business opportunities
The successful candidate will have:
- A master’s degree, ideally in public affairs, law, political science or communications
- Previous experience (internship to 3 years) in an agency role or relevant work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both in French and English
- A genuine interest in media, politics, and current affairs
- A proactive and positive attitude and a desire to learn and develop on the job
- Ideally, a strong interest for data analytics.
Equal opportunities and diversity are part of APCO Worldwide’s DNA. We welcome all qualified candidates regardless of their differences. All applications will be evaluated based on objective criteria.