Associate Creative Director
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business. APCO launched a new creative services called .Pomelo that lead to the opening of its brand new services in Jordan; the office in Jordan supports APCO's other offices in this regard.
The Associate Creative Director is responsible for providing support to the Creative Director and MD in managing the creative team. He/She is responsible for building and managing APCO’s creative services in the region, the management of client projects, supervising project teams, allocating resources, executing work at all stages of process, and delegating projects and tasks effectively when needed/possible. In addition, He/She should demonstrate strategic abilities, have strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Arabic, and be able to mentor and develop consulting skills in others. He/She is – a partner to – yet reports to the Creative Director. This role will require travel from time to time.
- To create excellent advertising campaigns
- Excellent creative acumen
- Builds and manages large client relationships effectively
- Successful in managing, coaching, and leading the creative team.
- Excellent execution skills.
- Ability to develop big ideas, from concept, to presentation.
- Develops plans and manages resources to achieve team goals
- Strong understanding of the team’s strengths, weaknesses and contributions
- Is successful at achieving established business and professional objectives
- Organizes teams around business development opportunities and manages proposal process ensuring accurate scoping/budgeting of opportunity
- Confidently leads internal and client meetings, offering knowledgeable observations and suggestions; establishing credibility by insights shared; encouraging and motivating others to communicate ideas
- Demonstrates an understanding of effective project management and can effectively address issues
- To keep the Creative Director, informed of any issues, or alert him of any clients we may face problems with before it escalates.
- Able to understand the strategic thinking that has gone into a brief, and provide your feedback and input
- Ability to sell creative concepts and executions internally and to clients
- Leads by example through coaching, empowering and inspiring
- Creates opportunities and acts as a champion for staff growth & development
- Reinforces APCO’s performance standards and policies fairly and consistently
- Leads initiatives that recognize and reward performance
- Maintains realized personal utilization at target level agreed with Managing Director
- Oversees budgeting, billing, revenue projections, profitability, service levels, receivables on assigned clients
- Proactively engages in the business planning and budgeting process and communicates resourcing commitments and needs to Managing Directors; fulfills commitments made around staff utilization
- Work with resource management team to effectively staff projects
- Builds and maintains senior-level client relationships across the client's organization and encourages client team to develop relationships
- Drives overall client satisfaction to expand client engagement and increase likelihood of retention and growth
- Solicits feedback regularly and does so formally
- Teamwork and Leading a team:
- Provides clear direction to the team to support business objectives
- Conducts regular check ins with team aswell as annual performance reivews
- Effectively manages poor performers
- Provide feedback and mentor team members to develop knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates teamwork with peers and sets example for others
- Fosters a positive, collegial work environment within the office and with other offices in the APCO network
- Proactively addresses and resolves conflict among client team members
- Builds a cohesive and collaborative client team across key geographies
- Promotes knowledge sharing and best practice in client management and increases team’s knowledge about the client organization
- Leads regular client team meetings and participates in company meetings and internal calls
- Is reliable and fulfills commitments; injects positive energy into the work environment
- A minimum of 8 years working experience in a consulting firm or corporation
- A passion for being creative and challenging convention
- Solid knowledge of the creative space
- Ability to manage clients, projects, teams, and new business
- Ability to set budgets and deadlines, and advocate for production teams as the client contact
- An entrepreneurial spirit and interest in building a practice
- Relationships and an interest in networking in the market to bring in new business
- A team approach that encourages cross-region collaboration
- Strategic – someone who sees digital as more than simply marketing campaigns
- Multi-tasking – and ability to work across multiple clients, new business opportunities, and management tasks simultaneously
- Mentorship skills to help develop junior staff in the market
- An interest in helping educate internal staff on changing communications and the digital space, and working collaboratively to sell that to clients
Home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world, the Middle East and North Africa region has a pivotal role to play in driving global conversations – from environmental policies to religion and pop culture. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are clear leaders in this equation, although the wave of innovation continues to transcend borders.
APCO launched its regional operations in 2006 in Dubai. Growing from a team of less than 10 consultants, APCO today has over 200 people from 26 countries working in teams across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Manama and Kuwait and our projects take us to countries across the region and the Levant. APCO was awarded Best Agency in the Middle East by PRWeek in 2019 and Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network by PRovoke Media in 2017 and 2019.
With a portfolio of over 100 clients, APCO’s MENA offices deliver public relations and digital communication support across health, food, consumer & retail, finance, technology, real estate & hospitality, non-profit and public affairs practices. The region also offers specialized services, created for the Middle East, such as our Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model and our Compass and License to Operate offerings.
In addition, APCO’s global AI Comms Lab, a first-of-its-kind innovation center which utilizes artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputations of major global brands, governments and organizations is driven from the Dubai office.
From helping governments connect with the private sector and civil society, to supporting the Pope’s historic visit to the region and launching iconic brands and destinations, we understand the nuances of the MENA region and pride ourselves on making an impact.