Project Revenue Analyst - Europe
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with more than 30 offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia – with a diverse global team of more than 800 experts.
APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions, and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
The Europe Finance Team;
The Europe Finance team is based in London with some local finance admin support in the regional offices, and external tax and statutory reporting advisors in markets. The team supports management decision-making and provides financial and management accounting services to all the offices in the Europe region. The team is led by the Regional FD for Europe, which is based in London. The Europe Finance team serves as an integral part of the wider global finance team, reporting to the US-based Corporate Finance, with regular contact across regions including North America, MENA, and Asia. APCO Worldwide uses Maconomy for its ERP/accounting system as of July 2020 and is a major user of Microsoft business products.
The role reports to the Senior Revenue Accountant, Europe
The Project Analyst is responsible for supporting the Senior Revenue Accountant and APCO’s client-facing teams with responsibility for revenue recognition and project maintenance. A proactive approach to partnering with and supporting the Client facing Teams as well as the global finance team will ensure success.
- Responsible for the correct implementation of APCO’s revenue recognition internal policies in line IFRS 15, ensuring that all contracts and necessary documents to comply are in place.
- Proactively support and partner with the client-facing teams for all finance-related project matters, including the set up of new clients, projects, and budgets
- Assist with the preparation of financial information to support the Senior Revenue Accountant to identify risks and key elements of the projects
- Train APCO Client facing teams and Administrative users with respect to usage of the Financial system (Maconomy)
- Lead monthly follow-up meetings with Client Managers in order to assess the status of their projects and review that the information in the system is updated
- Prepare reports to review the Retainer and Fixed Price Revenue Recognition and to follow up on un-submitted project codes, budgets, and time.
- Perform monthly reconciliations to determine the balances on the projects in terms of IOA and net WIP.
- Assist with the month-end revenue closing, preparing monthly reports to be used in final revenue meetings with the leaders in the commercial team
- Compile OOPS (Out of pocket spend) invoice supporting documents, where requested by the client
- Reconcile open client balances and assistance with closing project codes when completed
- Perform time & expense transfers (reallocations) where required to ensure all entries are on the relevant project code, and assist with any queries related to such entries
- Review New Business hours and tracking of commercialisation costs
- Highlight issues and propose solutions to improve processes
- Proactively support with system training requirements and documentation thereof
- Contact for any outside region related Revenue or Project queries/assistance
- Support for revenue-related queries/data/info in the year-end Revenue Audit
- Other assistance as requested by the Senior Revenue Accountant
- Fluent in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships internally with all levels of staff including direct team, senior leadership, client-facing staff etc.
- A proactive mindset
- 3+ years’ experience in a relevant role
- Able to demonstrate an affinity with Financial Systems
- Maconomy experience is desired but not essential
- Attention to detail
- MS Office, including Excel
- Detailed and organised to allow for effective management of multiple stakeholders and projects
- Comfortable operating in a continuously changing environment
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities.