APCO Worldwide is seeking an administrative assistant to support our North America region. They will be responsible for providing administrative support and guidance to staff. This will involve an in-depth knowledge of the goals and objectives of APCO and ensuring that support services are well maintained. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will work directly with the Office/Events Manager, Senior Administrative Assistant, and other office team members.
This role will be based at APCO’s New York office and require 4-5 days per week in person at the office depending on business needs.
The work of the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant requires teamwork, self-motivation, discretion, judgment, strong customer service skills and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines. As a member of a highly supportive, customer-service oriented office, you are willing and able to perform a wide range of administrative functions to help ensure operational success. You have a high level of integrity and attention to detail to ensure the use of APCO systems and procedures to maintain effective and efficient procedures are followed. You are highly flexible and willing to work under conditions of ongoing change and remain professional and respectful of colleagues and authority in a diverse workforce. You place a premium on the building of positive relationships with your team and with key stakeholders. You are highly responsible, service-oriented, organized, pay close attention to detail, and can receive and respond to constructive criticism in a professional manner. You are a strategic thinker, articulate innovative ideas, present solutions, and are a positive role model for colleagues.
- The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Front desk coverage
- Meeting Preparations
- Provide onsite support with special events as needed on a daily basis and work closely with cleaning staff
- Café and Conference Room management
- Maintenance of professional office appearance
- Assist with meeting logistics; setup/breakdown, conference room preparations
- Printing/binding, coordinating with print vendor
- Stocking supplies and identifying office supply needs
- Receiving and distributing mail
- Manage desk reservation software system
- Work closely with the APCO IT team
- Receiving incoming calls to APCO New York’s main phone number
- Provide personnel support to senior staff members as needed:
- Calendar management and scheduling
- Submission of time and expenses
- Travel coordination and reinforce travel policy
- Document creation/execution/processing
- Onboarding outside consultants and vendors, submitting and tracking contracts, NDAs
- Supporting clients, submitting/tracking PINs and project codes, working with legal on MSAs/NDAs
- Assist with building credential access, facilities, and property management
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1 year of Administrative Assistant experience.
- Prior experience working in a high growth, global organization.
- Prior experience working in advertising, PR, consulting, and financial services is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills - both oral and written.
- Solution-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Passion for people and process improvement.
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions, and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.