Project Consultant Government Affairs, Shanghai
- Support public affairs and business advisory projects across tasks from policy research, stakeholder engagement, thought leadership building to issue management and market entry support
- Deliver high-quality work with the project teams under minimal supervision from the supervisor
- Contribute actively to internal and client meetings by offering strategic and insightful suggestions
- Support senior managers to develop new business by preparing credentials and proposals
- Maintain self-driven passion and curiosity to stay abreast of client issues and related industry trends, participate in industry networking events and inform team leaders of potential new business opportunities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Bachelor’s degree or above from an accredited college or university preferably in Public Administration, Journalism, Public Relations, Political Science, International Affairs, Business Administration or related fields; Master’s degree holder preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years of relevant experience in a business strategy or public affairs consulting firm, or at a multi-national corporation or non-profit organization or trade/industry association
- Familiarity and a keen interest in topics relating to China’s political and economic development
- Exceptional research and analytical skills
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Collaborative team player that also has the ability to work independently, take initiative and set priorities
Languages: Native Chinese; Excellent English in speaking and writing.
The position will be based in APCO’s Shanghai office where will work closely alongside approximately 30 Chinese and international colleagues as well as a staff of more than 50 people across Greater China.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
APCO IN GREATER CHINA
Having entered the China market as one of the first consultancies in 1989, APCO has helped a wide range of organizations succeed in this complex but rewarding environment. We are keenly sensitive to changes in the political, regulatory and business landscape across China and advise business, government and non-profit organizations on issues critical to their success through our offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
We provide our clients with business advisory and public affairs offerings ranging from market entry strategy and government relations to risk assessment. Our strategic communications expertise in crisis management, media engagement and digital communications help our clients protect and enhance their reputation in this fast-moving market.
Our multilingual, cross-cultural team of more than 50 is made up of professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including business, government, journalism, academia and non-profit. This breadth of experience and perspective allows us to provide integrated solutions tailored to the specific goals of our clients.