APCO Worldwide is an independent and majority women-owned business with over 30 offices in major business, financial, political, and media capitals throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific regions. Tokyo office opened in 2014 and supports a range of Japanese and international clients that span multiple industries such as healthcare, tech, education and the public sector. APCO Tokyo‘s multicultural working environment provides students with the opportunity to analyze industries and markets from political, economic, and social angles, as well as improve their language abilities. Interns work as an integral part of our close-knit team on client projects including government relations and strategic communications work.
Interns at APCO’s Tokyo office will be responsible for supporting consultants on various existing and upcoming projects.
Specific responsibilities may include the following:
- Translation (written Japanese to English and vice versa)
- Online research and reports on media, markets, stakeholders, and policies
- News and social media monitoring and analysis
- Work with team to improve the design of presentations, proposal materials or deliverables
- Media and event management support
- Active participation in brainstorming and strategy sessions
- Providing administrative assistance to projects on a limited basis
- Other similar duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor or master's degree in progress, preferably in communications, public relations, international affairs or related fields
Experience: Previous trade association, diplomatic mission, research institution, agency, or consulting internship experience a plus
Language: Fluent or business level English and Japanese
*For reference, candidates’ Japanese ability should be at least N1 level. Those who have taken the TOEFL should be scoring 100 or above. The recruitment process will include interviews and writing assignments in both Japanese and English.
Other Core Skills:
- Ability to work well with others in a team and independently
- Ability to organize, multitask, and adhere to deadlines
- Proactive approach and eagerness to learn
- Eligibility to live and work in Japan (APCO will not sponsor visas for interns)
APCO Tokyo office currently adopts Work-From-Home arrangement due to the on-going pandemic. The office space is open to those who are willing to come in but remote work is acceptable at any time.