Associate Consultant/Consultant - Sustainability, Energy and Mobility
APCO Brussels is looking to hire an Associate Consultant/Consultant to join our industry-leading Sustainability, Energy and Mobility practice. We are looking for ambitious, talented and tech-savvy professionals to join our incredibly diverse and multicultural team.
We work with high-profile companies and organizations spanning energy, transport, tourism, circular economy, and climate. Ideally you will demonstrate strong expertise in EU policy issues, Brussels developments, and macro business factors impacting clients.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate an understanding of consultancy business practices and processes, a genuine interest in and knowledge of EU sustainability and mobility policy, as well as strong tactical and strategic abilities. The candidate would need to have a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in consultancy, in-house, European institutions, or within trade associations.
This is a superb opportunity for a high-performing and initiative-taking colleague who will be responsible day-to-day for large client projects, coordinating cross-border activities, delivering client-ready materials, reviewing the work product of junior team members and actively engaging in the generation of new business. We believe we can give you a multi-market platform to grow, learn, develop and hone your tactical and strategic abilities.
By joining our team, you will be working with colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong expertise in EU sustainability and/or mobility policy issues, Brussels developments, and macro business factors impacting clients.
- Experience working on policy issues around energy, environment and transport (topics under the European Green Deal, Fit for 55 Package, among others) a strong plus.
- Initiate and nurture client relationships, manage client teams, take ownership of client projects by supervising project teams and delegate projects and tasks effectively
- Help to drive and nurture client relationships day-to-day; know when to leverage senior level relationships within APCO to further build the relationship within the client’s organization
- Confidently help to drive and lead internal and client meetings, offer knowledgeable observations and suggestions, establish credibility by insights shared, encourage and motivate others to communicate ideas
- Demonstrate a good understanding of effective project management
What we offer you:
This full-time position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience. Being a part of a dynamic organisation means you never stop learning: the successful candidate will have an abundance of opportunities to progress in their career, add value to clients and contribute to the firm.
Collaboration is key to our success as a global, integrated firm: aside from working on various accounts, you will become part of a nationally diverse team in our Brussels office, with over 60+ multilingual consultants with policy expertise in several areas, e.g. technology, transport, healthcare, financial services, energy and environment etc. By operating in a collaborative environment, employees are encouraged to work across practice groups, offices, and regions and develop a multi-faceted understanding of policy/regulation, politics, issues and trends.