Learning and Development Specialist
APCO Worldwide, a global strategic communication firm, is seeking a Learning and Development Specialist to join APCO’s Global Learning and Development (L&D) team in the Washington, D.C. office.
The Learning and Development Specialist is an integral part of APCO's Global L&D team. We strive to empower APCO’s employees to achieve their best work and develop their skills by delivering high quality learning experiences that challenge convention.
The L&D team adopts the core concepts of the lean start-up model and applies them to our learning initiatives for the company. We are looking for a ‘creative doer’ that is adaptable and able to collaborate with a wide array of stakeholders.
Our team will rely on the Learning and Development Specialist to help introduce new eLearning platforms and tools, measure usability and ease of use and identify ways to increase community engagement around our learning experiences.
- Collaborate with global stakeholders to create, launch, implement and measure effectiveness of training programs, with an emphasis on e-learning and virtual training.
- Create original e-learning content using Articulate 360, Adobe Creative Suite, and/or other innovative tools and technology for APCO’s digital learning platform.
- Design learning paths and manage workflows on our Learning Management System (LMS).
- Manage, track data, and share usage insights from our LMS. Act as liaison and point of contact between our LMS and APCO.
Learning & Development Responsibilities
- Work with the Global Learning and Development team to manage high profile learning programs like our Key Client Initiative and Emerging Leaders Institutes.
- Support the administration and implementation of international learning initiatives in Europe, Asia, North America and the Middle East.
- Identify vendors, speakers and external trainers for our conferences and events. Manage relationships with vendors and internal processes related to procurement.
- Deliver training, L&D orientation sessions and other presentations about our work to our international colleagues.
- Co-create comprehensive training programs for multiple learning mediums (self-paced learning, instructor-led learning, supplemental materials, interactive learnings) to drive desired outcomes.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and leverage their knowledge when creating learning programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be passionately curious, entrepreneurial, creative, comfortable in a fast-paced environment and attentive to detail. Additional qualifications:
- At least 2-3 years' experience in training and development, e-learning, organizational development or related field
- Experience designing learning experiences (classroom, blended, virtual, e-learning)
- Experience with learning authoring tools such as Articulate 360, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite and video
- Experience administering a learning management system (LMS) preferred
- Applicants are expected to have excellent written and oral communication skills, and experience successfully balancing multiple tasks
- Passion for learning, increasing employee capability and achieving business results through people development
- Strong strategic and systems thinking - able to help others make connections and see the big picture
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Communications, Instructional Design or related field or the equivalent experience in progressively challenging learning and development positions
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.