Director, Health Communications and Public Affairs
We are seeking a dynamic client and team leader to drive integrated health communications and public affairs campaigns for a major multinational health care company. The candidate will lead two successful and established reputation campaigns reaching health care provider audiences and associations, and will be responsible for managing relationships with clients and executives and directing day-to-day project work. He/she/they will also join the client leadership team to support strategic alignment across our portfolio of work in North America and contribute to additional new business efforts.
- Oversee public health campaigns reaching and engaging healthcare providers, medical associations and stakeholder groups, including:
- State and federal level public affairs advancing the interests of healthcare providers
- Integrated communications championing and evolving perceptions of healthcare providers
- Manage day-to-day relationships with clients, providing strategic counsel that demonstrates broad understanding of the range of healthcare issues impacting healthcare providers
- Provide strategic counsel to senior executives across multiple workstreams and rolling up sleeves with the team on strategy and execution
- Oversee multi-million dollar budgets and contracts
- Actively engage in team member development; acts as a leader and mentor to team members
- Demonstrates performance in growing clients organically and actively pursues new opportunities with prospects, including leading business development activities
- Maintains a strong professional network and is viewed as an expert in the market
- Leads and engages in annual business planning efforts
- At least 10 years of experience in health communications or public affairs
- Prior agency experience strongly preferred
- Health policy experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Deep understanding of health care communication and industry issues, the health care provider audience
- Exceptional presentation, writing, and analytical skills including the ability to write strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Incredibly detail-oriented and deadline driven
- Experience managing a budget
- Experience managing individuals and/or a team
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.