Consultant - EU Tech Policy
Trilligent is a free-form agency, engineered to help fast-moving, disruptive companies secure permission to operate, grow and lead.
With breathtaking technology-enabled advances emerging almost daily, Trilligent serves as a favoured partner in helping innovators bring their disruptive ideas to market and to acceptance, and sustain their permission to operate through insightful counsel, unmatched access, compelling narratives, and creative solutions.
Trilligent is a subsidiary of APCO Worldwide Holdings.
We are looking for a high-performing and initiative-taking team member who will be responsible for managing large client projects, coordinating cross-border activities, delivering client-ready materials, and reviewing the work product of junior team members.
You will join with an understanding of consultancy business practices and processes and/or experience of EU Commission or Parliament practices, as well as strong tactical and strategic abilities. Ideally you will have a minimum of 4 to 5 years of relevant experience in consultancy or in-house.
By joining our team, you will be working with colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse, and curious.
Profile and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Consultant with knowledge and a keen interest in EU Tech Policy and should thrive in a fast-moving and intellectually challenging environment where a commitment to delivering consistent excellence in client service is a strong motivating force. You will demonstrate strong organisational capabilities, tactical ability and have strong written and oral communication skills.
They will have a strong desire to learn the business and policy dynamics in a range of different business areas.
You will coordinate the work of large client assignments overseeing the work of junior colleagues. Such work includes the monitoring policy issues or media, conducting and analysing research on a variety of client-related issues or on business development efforts and drafting materials for clients for both internal and external use. Consultants are responsible for coordinating client meetings and events and delegating tasks to junior team members and working on client deliverables independently.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong expertise in EU policy issues, developments Germany-wide, and macro business factors impacting clients. Experience working on policy issues impacting the technology sector and the broader data economy.
- Readily introduce clients and contacts to colleagues to leverage internal expertise to grow business.Independently manage large client projects; Prepare client-ready materials and other deliverables, from summary reports to outreach events.
- Provide effective coaching and deliver training to junior colleagues.
- Review and improve work products of team members, line managing junior staff as appropriate.
- Actively look for and identify new business opportunities, together with more senior colleagues, and participate in pitches.
- Understand Trilligent’s business practices and processes, and act as internal and external advocate for the organization.
- Proactively identify external meetings and training opportunities for self-development and the building of sector knowledge and contacts.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
- Degree and/or post-graduate degree in any related field to the role or equivalent work experience.
- Ideally, a minimum of 4-5 years of relevant work experience in consultancy or in-house.
- Proven expertise in the Tech sector and EU Digital Single Market policy
- Experience in developing and executing communication and public affairs programs at EU level.
- Strong understanding of EU institutions and decision-making procedures.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a strong network within the EU institutions.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills, proactive “can-do” attitude.
- Fluency in German (spoken and written).
This full-time position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience.
Being a part of a dynamic organization means you never stop learning: the successful candidate will have an abundance of opportunities to progress in their career, add value to clients and contribute to the firm.
Collaboration is key to our success as a global, integrated firm: aside from working on various accounts, he/she will become part of a diverse and dynamic German team iand will collaborate with colleagues and leaders across Trilligent’s global network.