Senior Manager - Human Resource
APCO Worldwide is seeking a seasoned Human Resource professional to support the North America and will be instrumental in initiating and driving HR programs. The HRBP serve as the key HR leader supporting various teams across multiple locations to ensure employee and business needs are met, focusing on organizational design, change leadership, and performance management.
This role can be based out of any location we have an office in, but the preference is New York City.
- Primary point of contact for assigned internal client and operations groups, managing, and delivering an excellent HR service
- Provide HR expertise and management of performance management, employee engagement, succession planning and talent development, DE&I, change management, and organizational effectiveness.
- Networking across North America to understand nuances, changes, trends, and key people moves within the market
- Provide support, trusted advice, and challenge to clients
- Coach and advise employees and line managers on a day-to-day basis in effective people management
- Take an active role in understanding Learning and Development requirements for the region, supporting the business to source training and career progression opportunities, delivering training content where required.
- Consult on and implement HR strategy together with HR Director and Chief Talent Officer
- Manage employee relations issues
- Partner with HR colleagues in the Recruiting, Learning & Development, Compensation, and HRIS to help scale business growth and develop thought leadership / innovative ideas
- Deliver effective on-boarding and exit procedures
- Manage intercompany transfers in coordination with global HR team and Global Mobility
- Deliver employee training and on-boarding event management
- Support delivery of HR projects and change initiatives in line with global HR strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of the client group, their strategic priorities and commercial challenges, as well as the markets they operate in
- Proactive collaboration with other members of the Talent team to share best practice and knowledge across the wider team
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant HR experience
- Prior experience working in a high growth matrixed global organization; Advertising, PR, consulting, and financial services experience is a plus.
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Excellent investigation, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to consult, influence, and partner with leaders
- Understanding of relevant employment laws and experience and the ability to resolve complex HR issues
- Demonstrates empathy and experience driving inclusion culture
- Effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of employees
- Passion for people, data, and process improvement.
- Forward planning approach, attention to detail, commercially aware
- Advanced in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Some travel may be required
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.