Associate Consultant - Healthcare
Our established and growing Health Practice in Brussels has an opportunity for an Associate Consultant to join our dedicated team!
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
We are looking for a high-performing and initiative-taking team member who will be responsible for managing client projects, coordinating cross-border activities, delivering client-ready materials and reviewing the work product of junior team members.
The candidate is expected to demonstrate an understanding of consultancy business practices and processes, as well as strong tactical and strategic abilities. The candidate would need to have a minimum of 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in public affairs, advocacy or communications.
By joining our team, you will be working with colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious.
Profile and Responsibilities:
The Associate Consultant should thrive in a fast-moving and intellectually challenging environment where a commitment to delivering consistent excellence in client service is a strong motivating force. She/he should demonstrate strong organisational capabilities, tactical ability and have strong written and oral communication skills. She/he will have a strong desire to learn the business and policy dynamics of health across a broad range of issues.
The Associate Consultant is involved with day-to-day support of client assignments by monitoring issues or media, conducting and analysing research on a variety of client related issues or on business development efforts and by drafting materials for clients for both internal and external use. Associate Consultants are responsible for coordinating client meetings and events and delegating tasks to junior team members and working on client deliverables under the supervision of a more senior team member.
The Associate Consultant interfaces with all levels of internal staff and client staff regarding project issues.
Below is what is expected from an Associate Consultant joining our health practice:
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of EU policy issues, Brussels developments, and macro business factors impacting clients. Experience working on policy issues impacting the health sector a strong plus;
- Engage directly and regularly with clients to build relationships, identify needs and deliver value;
- Independently manage portions of large client projects or entire small to mid-sized client projects; Prepare client-ready materials and other deliverables, from summary reports to outreach events;
- Provide assistance, information and support to more junior team members;
- Delegates work when appropriate;
- Identifies what needs to be done, and acts before being asked or the situation requires it;
- Actively participate in new business generation and pitching;
- Understand APCO’s business practices and processes, and act as internal and external advocate for the organization;
- Proactively identify external meetings and training opportunities for self-development and the building of sector knowledge and contacts.
Qualifications & Desired Skills:
Degree and/or post-graduate degree in any related field to the role;
- Ideally, a minimum of 2-4 years’ relevant work experience in consultancy, in-house, European institutions or within trade associations;
- In-depth knowledge of the health sector and health policy issues;
- Experience in developing and executing communication and public affairs programs at EU level;
- Strong understanding of EU institutions and decision-making procedures;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Good team player, proactive “can-do” attitude;
- Fluency in English (spoken and written);
- Excellent command of another EU Member State's language desirable;
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel);
- Eligible to work in the EU.
Only candidates with demonstrable experience and skills matching the above profile and requirements should apply.
This full-time position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience.
Being a part of a dynamic organization means you never stop learning: the successful candidate will have an abundance of opportunities to progress in their career, add value to clients and contribute to the firm.
Collaboration is key to our success as a global, integrated firm: aside from working on various accounts, he/she will become part of a diverse and dynamic team in our Brussels office and will collaborate with colleagues and leaders across APCO’s global network.
About APCO in Brussels
Brussels is the heart of the European Union, a €14 trillion single market of over 500 million consumers. Decisions taken in Brussels, for example concerning legislation, international trade and competition, can directly shape global policy and regulation in every business sector. Brussels’ relevance to business, politics and society is only expected to grow. This makes it a natural hub for pan-European and international public affairs and communication programs.
Since 1995, APCO has been at the forefront of strategic counsel and stakeholder engagement in Brussels. We act as trusted advisors and partners to businesses, governments, associations, law firms and non-profits from around the world. We combine a variety of integrated, innovative public affairs services, from sophisticated polling and research, to thought-leadership positioning, and digital and creative campaigns. Our diverse and multicultural team keeps our clients informed ahead of time and works seamlessly with colleagues in European capitals and beyond.
With our strategic communication experience and creative-thinking, we help clients tackle complex business-critical challenges. We create compelling campaigns that build trust, foster reputations and change perceptions in the heart of Europe, enabling our clients to see more clearly, communicate more authentically and act with real decisiveness when it comes to shaping debates and securing their goals.
APCO was awarded Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network in 2017 and 2019 and EMEA Corporate Consultancy of the year, 2019 by the PRovoke Media.