Senior Full Stack Developer
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with more than 30 offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia – with a diverse global team of more than 800 experts.
APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business and has been named the “Best EMEA Network to Work For, 2017” and “Public Affairs Agency of the Year, 2017” by the Holmes Report.
As a senior full stack developer, you will be responsible for supporting our clients on data-driven insights and working closely with colleagues from the MENA region to identify various use cases of data science within the PR & Comms sector. The successful candidate will bring a good knowledge of analytics and AI and a great grasp of digital transformation
- Work closely with colleagues from different departments to identify use cases for data science that adds value to our business and our clients.
- Support on the daily development of client deliverables and analysis of the client’s data that requires analytics and data science know-how.
- Support the development of new business proposals for clients with special focus on analytics workstreams.
- Supporting the digital team in several tasks such as data extraction, preparation, cleaning, analysis, visualizations, and automated reports generations.
- Look for opportunities to use insights/datasets/code/models across projects.
- Conduct research from which you'll develop prototypes and proof of concepts.
- Following an internal software development process with best engineering practices.
- Performing analysis on requirements to identify potential gaps and dependencies and determine feasibility and time/effort required for designing, implementing, and testing individual components.
- Documenting detailed technical requirements and detailed products documentation.
- Writing good unit, integration, and end-to-end tests.
- Providing technical support to clients when requested.
- Monitoring issues that are reported by clients.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the basics of statistics and hypothesis testing.
- Strong expertise of the Python programming language and its libraries, e.g., FastAPI
- Strong expertise of React (NextJS) for front-end web applications development.
- Strong understanding of web development principles and architectures.
- Strong understanding of micro-services architecture (MSA) and MSA intercommunication (e.g., Pub Sub, Event bus, & gRPC).
- Good understanding of serverless architecture (e.g., GCP Cloud Functions)
- Good understanding of system architecture and basic ability to understand and design systems
- Strong expertise and solid understanding in at least 8 of the following:
- Storybook (Visual testing)
- Cypress (E2E testing)
- Headless CMS (e.g., Sanity)
- Headless Analytics (e.g., CubeJS or Tinybird)
- Charting libraries (e.g., D3, AmCharts, HighCharts, etc.)
- Data Visualization types (e.g., datavizproject)
- DevOps: Git & CI/CD, Containerization, & Deployment
- REST and GraphQL
- Database ORM (e.g., Prisma)
- SQL Databases (e.g., BigQuery, SQL Server)
- NoSQL Databases (DynamoDB, Firebase, etc.)
- Re-usable software architecture (i.e., follows a framework)
- Data ETL pipelines
- MLOps: Serve ML models (e.g., GCP or other platforms)
- GCP PaaS (Cloud Run, Data flow, BigQuery, and Vertex AI).
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other relevant disciplines (preferably with knowledge in Digital Communications) OR a portfolio of high-quality projects.
- Fluency in Arabic would be an advantage
Home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world, the Middle East and Africa region has a pivotal role to play in driving global conversations – from environmental policies to religion and pop culture. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are clear leaders in this equation, although the wave of innovation continues to transcend borders.
APCO launched its regional operations in 2006 in Dubai. Growing from a team of less than 30 consultants, APCO today has over 200 people from 32 countries working in teams across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Manama and Kuwait. Our projects also take us to Cairo, Amman, Muscat, Beirut and other markets in the Levant.
With a portfolio of over 100 clients, APCO’s MEA offices deliver public relations and digital communication support across health, food, consumer & retail, finance, technology, real estate & hospitality, non-profit and public affairs practices. The region also offers specialized services, created for the Middle East, such as our Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model and our Compass and License to Operate offerings. In addition, APCO’s global AI Comms Lab, a first-of-its-kind innovation center which utilizes artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputations of major global brands, governments and organizations is driven from the Dubai office.
From helping governments connect with the private sector and civil society, to supporting the Pope’s historic visit to the region and launching iconic brands and destinations, we understand the nuances of the Middle East and pride ourselves on making an impact.