PR Account Director, mining experience is a plus
Home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world, the Middle East and Africa region has a pivotal role to play in driving global conversations – from environmental policies to religion and pop culture. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are clear leaders in this equation, although the wave of innovation continues to transcend borders.
APCO launched its regional operations in 2006 in Dubai. Growing from a team of less than 30 consultants, APCO today has over 150 people from 32 countries working in teams across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Manama, and Kuwait. Our projects also take us to Cairo, Amman, Muscat, Beirut, and other markets in the Levant.
- Day to day client relationship management
- Nurture relationships with client partner agencies
- Supervise the junior staff on the day to day running of the account, ensuring that tasks are completed on time, project status is monitored and client requests are handled.
- Develops PR plans and presentations in conjunction with more senior staff
- Participate in client’s plan presentations
- Execute plans and projects on behalf of clients, with assistance of juniors
- Monitor status and manage project to ensure on-time completion
- Assist with and oversees all project administrative duties including contract set-up and maintenance, and issue accurate client reports (monthly, quarterly, annual) with a high degree of accuracy
- Solid understanding of PR and campaign planning , previous experience in mining is a plus
- Able to effectively use all available tools and resources to complete client tasks
- Excellent understanding of traditional and social media channels
- Able to convincingly and methodically build media relationships
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment; resourceful, collaborative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong analytical abilities and quantitative skills
- Able to understand market insights and apply effectively
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 8-10 years related work experience
- University graduate (Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism