Junior Administration Assistant
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
About APCO in Brussels:
Brussels is the heart of the European Union, a €14 trillion single market of over 400 million consumers. Decisions taken in Brussels, for example concerning legislation, international trade and competition, can directly shape global policy and regulation in every business sector. Brussels’ relevance to business, politics and society is only expected to grow. This makes it a natural hub for pan-European and international public affairs and communication programs.
Since 1995, APCO has been at the forefront of strategic counsel and stakeholder engagement in Brussels. We act as trusted advisors and partners to businesses, governments, associations, law firms and non-profits from around the world. We combine a variety of integrated, innovative public affairs services, from sophisticated polling and research, to thought-leadership positioning, and digital and creative campaigns. Our diverse and multicultural team keeps our clients informed ahead of time and works seamlessly with colleagues in European capitals and beyond.
Key Responsibilities would include:
- Work closely with the other members of the Admin Team to ensure the smooth operation of the office.
- Support both external and internal client needs with general admin tasks including printing, binding, photocopying, booking couriers and taxis, and any ad hoc requests, etc.
- Set up meetings, meeting rooms and technology to ensure a smooth and professional environment for all external and internal clients.
- Deliver a great customer service experience and act in a professional and understanding manner when liaising with external and internal clients in person, on the phone or via email.
- Proactively support the organisation and planning of internal and external events; negotiate and liaise with venues, send invitations and collate attendee lists, organise printed materials and assist with events’ organization
- Work in partnership with the other members of the Admin Team to cover reception during office hours
- Proactively and promptly respond to queries directed to the Admin Team and liaise with the Office Managers to efficiently progress any duties assigned
- Assist with office supplies ordering and management
- Support with booking travel
- Work closely with the Finance Team to process monthly office credit card expenses and create purchase orders
- Provide information about suppliers’ invoices as well as collect and archive for finance use
- Ensure the supplier purchase orders are created as per APCO policy
- Demonstrate the ability to follow policies and procedures clearly and the forethought to highlight necessary amendments, ensuring documentation is up to date
- Manage petty cash
- Manage the mobile phone subscriptions and the set-up of employees’ i-phones
- Pro-actively assist with the good maintenance of the office IT amenities
- Liaise with the IT department to order IT equipment for the office
- Install the IT equipment and make sure it works properly
- Act as an IT reference for the office
- Carry out ad-hoc duties as required
- Assist with onboarding of new hires by ordering their IT equipment and welcoming them in the office on their first day
- Assist with different payroll updates (holidays, etc.)
- Assist with collecting relevant HR documentation from employees
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Previous experience working in a professional environment with a proven ability to deliver a high standard of customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluent in French.
- Excellent relationship-building, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn and think quickly on the job, stay calm in a crisis and take own initiative
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel) and an interest in learning about technology
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Enthusiastic, positive and flexible attitude with a 'can do’ approach.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Comfortable with numbers