Project Assistant / Project Consultant (f/m/d) - Public Affairs / Public Relations
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned and truly global communications and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
We are looking for young professionals to join us as Project Assistants or Project Consultants in one of our growing offices in Germany (Berlin, Frankfurt or Munich).
What will you be doing in this role?
- You are supporting different project teams across a variety of clients from different sectors
- You are involved in the day-to-day support of client projects by drafting materials, conducting research and analysis, monitoring media as well as political issues & topics for our clients
- You create written content including press releases, op-eds, viewpoint articles, blogs, award entries and social content
- You are conducting and analyzing research and develop insights and draft reports for clients
- You are responsible for coordinating client meetings and events
- You are actively involved in pitch- & outreach activities
Who we are looking for in this role?
- You have an academic degree in communications, public relations, political sciences, international relations or relevant fields (with a Bachelor degree you start of as a Project Assistant, with a Master degree you can be considered for a Project Consultant role)
- First work experiences in the area of PR and/or PA would be a great plus (internships count too)
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English, fluency in German (at least C1-Level) is required
- You have a strong client and service mindset and ideally, have been working with client stakeholders in previous roles or internships
- You have a passion and talent for crafting stories, you enjoy producing engaging (written) communications content
- You are a curious mind and are willing to dive deep into new topics, even if they are beyond your expertise (or comfort zone!)
- You have a genuine interest in current affairs and stay abreast of topics and developments
- You bring a can-do attitude, you take initiative and work proactively to meet deadlines and make sure the quality of your work is excellent by working detailed and concise
- You are bold - going after that big client, challenging the perceived wisdom in the room, or simply asking a question - We want more of that!
We are recognized as one of the best agencies to work for in our industry, providing you with:
- The opportunity to work on a diverse range of clients and projects with some of the industry’s best and brightest
- A collegial and collaborative work environment, where you will work closely with colleagues from around the world
- The opportunity to visit and work from our other global offices (post COVID)
- The chance to take on responsibility quickly with abound opportunities to develop professionally and personally
- Clear career paths, ongoing internal & external trainings and access to our global Learning Platform
- Flexible work arrangements, a supportive team, collaboration across all levels and a truly open culture
- A competitive compensation and benefits package with perks around mobility, healthcare, pension and your personal & professional development
How to apply
At APCO Worldwide, our mission is to create a safe, welcoming and inclusive space where everyone can belong. As part of our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, we are introducing blind recruiting processes for all entry-level roles in Europe, meaning that all applications are anonymous at screening stage. While you will be asked to upload your CV we will be keeping these separate from our initial recruiting process and ask you to answer the below STAR-method style interview questions in writing to apply. We will be reviewing and shortlisting candidates based on these answers, and not on CVs. CVs will be viewed only at first stage interview.
We advise you to write your answers in Word initially and to cut and paste them into our application form (which you can find by clicking apply to this posting).
- What is your approach to working on several projects in parallel? How do you address competing priorities or deadlines? (250 words maximum)
- Describe a time you were given a project and the assignment was completely new to you and something that you had never done before. How did you tackle it? (250 words maximum)
- What has your biggest achievement been to date? What results that you produced are you most proud of? (achievements can cover projects you undertook during your education, your personal time or your career). (250 words maximum)
- Please state N/A