Consultant, Public Relations
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships, and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business.
Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and secure impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights, and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility, and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyze, our clients’ impact on society, and their continued profitable growth.
APCO in Southeast Asia
From our hub in Singapore and offices throughout the region, APCO’s Southeast Asia team works with leading clients, including multinational companies, international organizations, governments, and NGOs. We offer regional insights to help these organizations navigate the diverse markets in the region. We have strong expertise and extensive experience serving the ICT, health care, finance and food, consumer, product & retail sectors. We have also been a preferred partner of new emerging technologies including those in artificial intelligence, drones, and crypto technology.
APCO is a full-service consultancy offering solutions and opportunities to our clients in the region, ranging from government relations, strategic communications, media management, market access, digital and advisory services.
As a Consultant, you will work closely with colleagues at all levels on research, writing, media, and creative problem-solving. You will be involved in the day-to-day support of client projects by drafting materials (i.e. press releases, fact sheets, messaging), monitoring issues or media, and by conducting and analyzing research on a variety of client-related issues or on business development efforts.
You’ll have the opportunity to work across disciplines, including corporate communication, crisis and issues, corporate social responsibility, media relations and stakeholder engagement, and digital/social media. And you could work with clients in food and consumer products, healthcare, tech, financial, energy, education and non-profit sectors.
Examples of work:
- Manage and implement a wide range of strategic communication projects and campaigns for our high-profile, globally recognized clients
- Provides the highest level of client service daily through proactive account management
- Support to design and implement multi-faceted, integrated campaigns to position client issues and priorities with key audiences that may include elected officials, media, key opinion leaders, consumers, and industry stakeholders
- Create effective messages and produce and edit high-quality written deliverables, such as bespoke messaging, issue backgrounders, briefings, press materials, and social media content often under tight deadlines
- Develop compelling communications and content to convey complex policy and/or social issues
- Own stakeholders/media relations and profile building efforts including cultivating relationships with media, drafting op-eds and talking points, organizing events and press conferences and 1to1 meetings, and build thought leadership
- Monitor external developments in key client issue areas and flag opportunities for further client engagement
- Manage client budgets, ensuring that projects and corresponding staffing are within allotted budgets
- Actively participate in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- Attends and actively participates in internal and client meetings, including brainstorming sessions
- Participates in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- Mentors and drives the work of interns and more junior staff
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Ideally, a minimum of 3-6 years of PR/strategic communications or media experience – agency experience is a plus
- Knowledge in the Healthcare or Technology industry will be an added advantage
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field, or equivalent
- Solid project management experience and a proven ability to manage multiple projects and client initiatives and teams of both junior and senior colleagues in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience developing and supporting strategic communications (corporate or financial communications, issues management, internal communications, crisis communications, etc.) plans across various industries and subject areas (financial services, healthcare, food, and consumer goods, technology, transportation, energy, etc.)
- Able to demonstrate exceptional presentation, writing, and analytical skills, including experience writing strategic plans, messaging, and press materials and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to manage independent client relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person
- Well-versed in current events and headline news at local, national, and international levels
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, media databases, and social media network