Founded in Washington, D.C, in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with more than 30 offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia – with a diverse global team of more than 650 experts.
APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide in India began operations in 2007. Our offerings in India include Corporate Advisory, Government Relations, Strategic Communications, Coalition Building, Crises Management and Consulting Services.
Consultant will be involved with day–to–day management of client projects under supervision of project manager. He/She will be responsible for developing public affairs engagements, managing client deliverables, participating in new business development activities. In addition, Consultant will demonstrate strategic abilities, and have strong written and oral communication skills.
Actively support Project Manager in managing regular client deliverables/discussions
- Keep track of ongoing policy developments in the tech sector
- Prepare policy analysis and briefs
- Prepare stakeholder maps and engage with stakeholders to secure key meetings
- Inform Project Managers of possible issues regarding client projects and manage outcomes
- Produce accurate written materials, summaries, presentations, reports and other client materials
- Identify new business opportunities
- Prepare new business proposals, grow new business from existing clients
- Manage public affairs strategies, maintain key government relationships with the identified key stakeholders in MEITY, DoT, MoCI, DPIIT, MoEF, and Niti Ayog etc.
- Develop business/government/political communications strategies on case to case basis
- Establish project timelines with Project Managers and actively support to ensure deadlines are met
- Lead other team members as necessary in order to complete client projects
- Mentor junior staff or interns
- Other responsibilities as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND STANDARDS:
Education: University or Post Graduate (Preferable) degree in a related field required, or equivalent work experience
Experience: Relevant experience of 5-7 years
- Experience of working on tech sector policies and issues
- Experience in engaging with MEITY, DoT, MoCI, DPIIT, MoEF, and Niti Ayog etc.
- Client Service Communication Skills Writing
- Research & Analysis Critical Thinking Skills Innovation
- Initiative Team Work Planning & Organization
- Business Development and Project Management
- Strategic Thinking Skills, Professional Presence, Knowledge Seeking & Sharing
LOCATION - Mumbai