Brand Management, Marketing and PR - Associate Director/Senior Associate Director
We’re looking for the right person to help drive positioning, thought leadership, internal communications, brand management and marketing for APCO's North American business in a newly created role in our global marketing and communications team.
- Be a part of our North America leadership team to develop and implement APCO’s strategy to elevate brand visibility that aligns with our strategic priorities and three-year plan.
- Lead the development and implementation of a North America plan that tells a cohesive narrative, enhances and expands brand equity and establishes distinct thought and action leadership.
- Create doors-openers and go-to market strategies that highlights new agency innovations.
- Develop plans to raise profiles of North America team members.
- Bring to life the marketing plan by creating stories that reach both current and prospective clients and team members.
- Identify and develop case studies for the region. Equip client and regional growth hub leaders with talking points on new client success stories and agency innovations.
- Move quickly to insert APCO’s voice into appropriate conversations so our brand shows up in a timely fashion on pressing, appropriate issues of the day.
- Develop thought leadership content—long-form, short-form and real-time.
- Utilize the company’s web and social media channels to promote marketing activity aligned with the company’s overall strategy.
- Work collaboratively with APCO departments to ensure consistency in voice.
- Partner with North America president and leadership to understand priorities, package new offers; move quickly to launch initiatives.
- Work closely with our Chief Marketing Officer and other members of the marketing team to ensure our marketing strategy and activities support our global strategy and overall corporate narrative.
- Ad hoc support with global media relations efforts to support thought leadership and media opportunities for APCO’s senior team members, aligning with the company’s strategy
- Identify, coordinate and ensure consistent narrative and delivery of internal messaging and initiatives for the region.
- Become an expert on APCO’s team and experience globally.
- Manage, mentor and train junior member (s) of the team as necessary.
- Develop and implement data-driven reports to demonstrate ROI of marketing investments for the company.
- At least 7-10+ years of experience in a marketing and communications role
- BA/BS in a related field or equivalent experience; strong strategic thinking
- Organization and project management skills
- Expert written, editing and oral communications skills
- Attention to detail.
- An understanding of and keen interest in global affairs and issues
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Creative and innovative mindset to drive new ideas for promoting the APCO brand.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is also required along with high proficiency writing in AP style.
- The ideal candidate will also have familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop); Sugar Market (or a similar email management system); and experience shooting and directing video content.
The position also requires the ability to understand, translate and drive the company’s messaging to global markets; apply writing style and techniques appropriate for different audiences; interact tactfully and effectively with other professionals; understand and interpret new and complex concepts and information applicable to assigned projects and responsibilities; and maintain confidentiality.
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.