Associate Consultant, Strategic Communications
APCO Worldwide—a leading global communications and strategy consultancy—is seeking an Associate Consultant in Beijing who will work under the supervision of an associate director and interface with all levels of staff and clients with the following primary responsibilities:
- Manage projects independently and lead day-to-day client communication and coordination
- Produce quality client deliverables as the primary author (i.e. corporate communications plan, press release, executive briefing materials and speeches, etc.)
- Provide clients with strategic advice on a full suite of corporate communications tasks from message development, executive profiling, internal communications, issue/crisis management and top-tier media engagement
- Prepare customized credential packages for prospective clients, highlighting APCO capabilities, relevant case studies, and high-level industry notes and observations under minimal supervision
- Draft complete proposals showing an understanding of APCO’s service offerings, tools and competence
- Build and cultivate relationships with key media stakeholders and opinion leaders
- Maintain self-driven passion and actively develop knowledge of client issues and related industry trends, participate in industry networking events and inform team leaders of potential new business opportunities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Requirements & qualifications:
Education: Bachelor’s degree or above, preferably in Journalism, Public Relation, International Affairs or related fields
Experience: Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in a consulting firm, corporation, diplomatic or media organization, experience in healthcare, food or education industries preferred
- Familiarity with mainstream Chinese and foreign media outlets and digital communication tools
- Strong analytical skills and solid project management experience
- Collaborative team player that also has the ability to work independently, take initiative and set priorities
Languages: Exceptional Chinese and English speaking and writing skills required
The position will be based in APCO’s Beijing office working alongside approximately 30 Chinese and international colleagues and a staff of more than 50 people across Greater China. Domestic and occasional international travel is a requirement of the job.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
APCO IN GREATER CHINA
Having entered the China market as one of the first consultancies in 1989, APCO has helped a wide range of organizations succeed in this complex but rewarding environment. We are keenly sensitive to changes in the political, regulatory and business landscape across China and advise business, government and non-profit organizations on issues critical to their success through our offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
We provide our clients with business advisory and public affairs offerings ranging from market entry strategy and government relations to risk assessment. Our strategic communications expertise in crisis management, media engagement and digital communications help our clients protect and enhance their reputation in this fast-moving market.
Our multilingual, cross-cultural team of more than 50 is made up of professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including business, government, journalism, academia and non-profit. This breadth of experience and perspective allows us to provide integrated solutions tailored to the specific goals of our clients.