Consultant/Senior Consultant, Public Affairs & Government Relations, Brussels
APCO Worldwide established and growing office in Brussels is always looking for ambitious and talented individuals to join its junior team as Consultant/Senior Consultant, working in one of the top EU Affairs consulting firms.
We work with most of the world’s instantly recognisable brands, spanning healthcare, tech, financial services, space, sustainability, energy and mobility. Ideally you will demonstrate strong expertise in EU policy issues, Brussels developments, and macro business factors impacting clients.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate an understanding of consultancy business practices and processes, a genuine interest in and knowledge of EU policy, as well as strong tactical and strategic abilities. The candidate would ideally have a minimum of 4-6 years of relevant experience in consultancy, in-house, European institutions, or within trade associations.
This is a superb opportunity for a high-performing and initiative-taking colleague who will be responsible day-to-day for large client projects, coordinating cross-border activities, delivering client-ready materials, reviewing the work product of junior team members and actively engaging in the generation of new business. We believe we can give you a multi-market platform to grow, learn, develop and hone your tactical and strategic abilities.
By joining our team, you will be working with colleagues who are open, collaborative, diverse and curious.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong expertise in EU policy issues, Brussels developments, and macro business factors impacting clients.
- Experience working on policy issues impacting specific sectors (health, tech, sustainability, energy, mobility, space, financial services and geopolitics) a strong plus
- Initiate and nurture client relationships, manage large client teams, take ownership of client projects by supervising project teams and delegate projects and tasks effectively
- Help to drive and nurture client relationships day-to-day; know when to leverage senior level relationships within APCO to further build the relationship within the client’s organization
- Confidently help to drive and lead internal and client meetings, offer knowledgeable observations and suggestions, establish credibility by insights shared, encourage and motivate others to communicate ideas
- Working with practice leaders to develop and implement the strategy which supports the client’s objectives, including everything from developing public affairs plans to properly scoping and pricing work, as well as managing work activities and resources within agreed upon budgets
- Help to drive business development opportunities and manage proposal process ensuring accurate scoping/budgeting of opportunities
- Demonstrate a good understanding of effective project management
- Take ownership and actively engage in team member development demonstrating thoughtful planning to increase individual skill sets by setting smart objectives
What we offer you:
This full-time position comes with a competitive salary, industry-leading bonus, and benefits package, commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience (including a mobility budget).
Being a part of a dynamic organisation means you never stop learning: you will have an abundance of opportunities to progress in your career, add value to clients and contribute to the firm. Collaboration is key to our success as a global, integrated firm: aside from leading on various accounts, you will become part of a nationally diverse team in our Brussels office, with over 70+ multilingual consultants with policy expertise in several areas, e.g. technology, transport, healthcare, financial services, energy, and environment, etc. By operating in a collaborative environment, employees are encouraged to work across practice groups, offices, and regions and develop a multi-faceted understanding of policy/regulation, politics, issues, and trends.
About APCO Worldwide:
APCO Worldwide is a global strategic advisory, advocacy and communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organisations act with agility, and build organisational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
APCO is an independent and majority women-owned business. Most importantly, we are a trusted partner to our clients. We help them anticipate, plan, execute and achieve impact through our curiosity, insights and diverse expertise.
Our clients benefit from APCO leaders who have the pulse of the dynamically changing global environment that defines the marketplace; the first-hand experience of having faced significant issues or opportunities; the ability to harness the power of data, insights and technology; and the passion to deliver unparalleled results.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organisational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
We measure success in the transformations we help to catalyse, our clients’ impact on society and their continued profitable growth.