Consultant/Senior Consultant (f/m/d) - Public Affairs
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations.
APCO Worldwide has an immediate opportunity for a (Senior) Consultant (f/m/d) - Public Affairs with a focus on Tech sector clients to join one of our growing offices in Germany (Berlin, Frankfurt or Munich).
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN THIS ROLE
CONSULTING & CLIENT MANAGEMENT
- You are the client lead for one of our biggest Tech client, building and nurturing senior-level client relationships, developing a deep understanding of the client’s business, their needs and challenges as well as key stakeholders involved
- You are a strategist who understands the political system & communications landscape in Germany and the EU, who has experience in government engagement and issue-focused media relations, who can effectively advise and consult our (Tech) clients on political development and changes and potential effects on their business while also leading on execution, being hands-on and operationally involved in communication and public affairs tasks
- You will oversee and manage planning, budgeting, billing, service levels, resources and staff utilization for clients & projects
LEADERSHIP & TEAM MANAGEMENT
- You manage multiple project workstreams independently and lead day-to-day client communication and coordination while ensuring the very best work and service is being delivered
- You build cohesive and collaborative teams, you support individuals’ development as well as their personal and professional growth and generously share knowledge and experiences in client management
- You show strong entrepreneurial thinking as well as organizing teams around business development opportunities
- You encourage and value individual differences, diverse ideas and experiences in the teams, you strive to give and receive objective feedback
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
EXPERIENCE: The ideal candidate demonstrates a proven track record in leading multiple strategic communication and/or public affairs projects (some of them for Tech clients and with regards to digital policies) with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experiences, some or all of it in an agency, consulting firm, corporation or government organization. Native language level in German and at least C1-Level in English is required for this role.
COMMITMENT: You show a strong commitment to clients and strive to deliver excellent solutions and service to them. You are driven by national and international projects for clients from different sectors and with different challenges, but you are also committed to develop yourself personally and professionally, staying ahead of trends and developments and being able to connect those dots for your clients too.
PERSONALITY: A successful candidate will lead multiple accounts and projects independently, oversees tasks and workflow, manages project teams and engages in new business opportunities. For that, you will bring curiosity, openness and adaptability, empathy, bold ideas, strong self-management and excellent written and oral communication skills in German and English with you. You are role model for what APCO stands for internally and externally, and are happy to invest in the development of junior staff. You are outgoing and a real networker who actively builds and nurtures connections and is a thought leader in a chosen area.
OFFICE ENVIRONMENT: The position will be based in one of the APCO’s Germany offices in Berlin, Frankfurt or Munich, working alongside 55 other colleagues and with a wider pool of global colleagues. Post-COVID local travel and occasional international travel will be required.
About APCO in Germany
Over the past two decades, Germany has become increasingly important on the international stage as political decisions made in Berlin reverberate throughout the European Union and beyond. Frankfurt is already a leading global hub for finance and business and is likely to become even more significant as an international financial center over the next few years.
Our German team supports more than 40 clients, including international companies, trade associations as well as governments and NGOs. We have strong expertise in a wide range of sectors including ICT, energy, health care, finance, transportation and logistics and food and consumer products.