Project Consultant- (Account Executive) Corporate Communications
We have an immediate opportunity for an early-career communication professional (Account Executive level) to join our team. This opportunity will be based in our Washington, D.C. office.
Our diverse team includes bold, seasoned communicators from a range of backgrounds who, collectively, deliver a comprehensive understanding of the societal context, stakeholder expectations and spheres of influence that shape corporate decision-making.
Our multidisciplinary team is trusted by market-defining organizations to chart the path for business communications that is reshaping entire industries. We are seeking an inherently curious, self-motivated teammate to support significant initiatives on behalf of our corporate clients.
At APCO, Project Consultants work closely with colleagues at all levels and around the world on research, writing, media relations, and creative problem-solving. You’ll have the opportunity to work across disciplines, including stakeholder engagement, crisis and issues, sustainability and corporate responsibility, media relations, and digital/social media. And you could work with clients in food and consumer products, healthcare, tech, financial, energy and nonprofit sectors.
You will support client projects by writing and distributing client materials (i.e. client reports, opinion pieces, PowerPoints decks, fact sheets, press releases); researching issues, trends, stakeholders, and best practices; engaging in select media relations opportunities; coordinating meetings and events; and supporting a wide array of ad-hoc client deliverables.
The successful candidate should be ready to:
- Support our high profile, globally recognized corporate and non-profit clients
- Provide top client service
- Produce thoughtful, well-written deliverables under tight deadlines
- Actively participate in internal and client meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Offer creativity and can-do practicality
- Support strategy development for client campaigns
- Enjoy engaging with a variety of stakeholders
- Engage in business development activities including contributions to proposals and supporting development of pitch decks
- 2 years of experience in communication, public relations, policy, sustainability or advocacy work
- Keen interest in, and opinions on current affairs, high-level business news and the media environment
- Strong capabilities in PowerPoint
- Strong verbal, written and analytical skills
- Digital/social media fluency and beneficial if experienced conducting research using digital tools
- Previous agency or consulting experience is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.