Associate Director- Healthcare Communications
We have an immediate opening for a experienced Healthcare communications professional to join our growing NA Health Practice team.
APCO’s Health team includes experienced health care experts with diverse backgrounds who, collectively, give the firm a comprehensive understanding of the industry. APCO and its professionals have played leading roles in virtually every major health care issue considered over the past few decades and our clients include leading pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical societies, trade associations, health insurers, pharmacy benefit managers, patient advocacy groups and medical device makers.
- Performs day-to-day strategic communications account work, with assistance from more junior and senior colleagues, for our high profile, globally recognized clients
- Independently manages several small projects and engages with clients with support and supervision, as needed
- Manages client expectations, earning their respect, trust and confidence through proactive account management to successfully maintain and grow client relationships
- Oversees global media and public relations efforts, including developing global media relations strategies and managing PR initiatives for clients
- Develops relationships with reporters, editors, producers and bloggers in target top tier, consumer, business and trade media; manage strategy and execution for media campaigns; and proactively pitch media on a regular basis, managing pitch teams
- Develops and manages project programming, including implementation plans, staffing plans, budgets, timelines and measurement/evaluation
- Produces high-quality, client-ready written deliverables, such as press materials, messaging toolkits, social media strategies, and advocacy communications, often under tight deadlines
- Leads media relations efforts, including cultivating relationships with media, drafting strategies, organizing press conferences, and more
- Integrates digital and social media tactics with overall communications strategy and construct traditional and digital measurement deliverables upon request
- Familiarity with a variety of social media tools and the metrics that drive success within those tools
- Drives and supports business development activities, including drafting of written proposals, developing new business presentations and participating in pitch presentations
- At least 6-9 years of experience in health care communication, health policy or advocacy work – agency experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Keen understanding of complex health care industry and issues
- Broad range of experience communicating around health care generally, and demonstrate a clear passion for health care issues and the health care industry
- Exceptional presentation, writing and analytical skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Solid project management experience
- Well-versed in current events and headline news at local, national, and international levels
Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, media databases and social media networks
in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.