APCO Worldwide - a leading global communications and strategy consultancy - is seeking an Associate Consultant in Beijing who will work under the supervision of a senior director and interface with all levels of staff and clients with the following primary responsibilities:
- Manage projects independently and lead day-to-day client communication and coordination
- Produce quality client deliverables as the primary author (i.e. policy analysis memo, stakeholder engagement strategy, executive briefing materials, etc.)
- Provide clients with strategic advice related to government affairs, and conduct stakeholder engagement under minimal supervision
- Prepare customized credential packages for prospective clients, highlighting APCO capabilities, relevant case studies, and high-level industry notes and observations under minimal supervision
- Draft complete proposals showing an understanding of APCO’s service offerings, tools and competence
- Build and cultivate relationships with key government stakeholders and opinion leaders
- Maintain self-driven passion and actively develop knowledge of client issues and related industry trends, participate in industry networking events and inform team leaders of potential new business opportunities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Requirements & qualifications:
Education: University degree or higher, preferred in Journalism, Political Science, International Affairs, Economics or related fields.
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant working experience in a think tank, consulting firm, industry association, academic institution or diplomatic posting, experience in technology and healthcare preferred
- Familiarity with China’s political system, experienced in government outreach, and keen interest in topics relating to policy development
- Strong analytical skills and solid project management experience
- Collaborative team player that also has the ability to work independently, take initiative and set priorities
Languages: Exceptional Chinese and English speaking and writing skills
The position will be based in APCO’s Beijing office where the Associate Consultant will work closely alongside approximately 30 Chinese and international colleagues as well as a staff of more than 50 people across Greater China.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
APCO IN GREATER CHINA
Having entered the China market as one of the first consultancies in 1989, APCO has helped a wide range of organizations succeed in this complex but rewarding environment. We are keenly sensitive to changes in the political, regulatory and business landscape across China and advise business, government and non-profit organizations on issues critical to their success through our offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
We provide our clients with business advisory and public affairs offerings ranging from market entry strategy and government relations to risk assessment. Our strategic communications expertise in crisis management, media engagement and digital communications help our clients protect and enhance their reputation in this fast-moving market.
Our multilingual, cross-cultural team of more than 50 is made up of professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including business, government, journalism, academia and non-profit. This breadth of experience and perspective allows us to provide integrated solutions tailored to the specific goals of our clients.