Research Analyst (Analytics & Insights)
APCO Insight works with many of the world’s leading companies, associations, nonprofits and public-sector organizations on a diverse range of challenges. Our core research capabilities support reputation management, brand and campaign communications, issues and crisis management, message and creative development, thought leadership, and consumer and cultural trends.
The Research Analyst(Analytics & Insights) will support APCO Insight data science team members in executing advanced data analytics assignments on behalf of the organization and clients.
APCO Insight’s data science team is increasingly involved in assignments employing statistics (e.g., linear/logistics regression, clustering) to develop insights for communication strategy. The candidate will be involved in secondary research techniques, digital and social media research, and structured/unstructured data analytics.
Data science assignments involve four core areas: (1) Software, (2) Analytics Methodology Selection, (3) Analytics Execution and (4) Data Storytelling. The candidate is expected to:
- Provide day-to-day support of quantitative data-related projects
- Prepare and monitor quantitative data collection
- Pull data from software sources, such as social listening and media monitoring
- Clean, code and manage unstructured (text) datasets
- Conduct data analysis including advanced statistical techniques such significance testing, mean, standard deviation, regression, clustering, etc.
- Ensure data and reporting quality
- Use digital research tools to analyze the conversation landscape and identify target audiences and influencers
- Visualize data insights using charts, graphs and tables and develop reports in PowerPoint or Tableau
- Write clearly to communicate with colleagues, research partners and clients
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Marketing or Business from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Excellent PowerPoint & Excel skills
- Proficient with SPSS, R or other comparable statistical programs
- Working knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics, strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn digital and social media research tools such as Quid, Affinio, Brandwatch, Talkwalker or other similar programs
- Able to multi-task, strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral skills and the ability to communicate within an organization
Furthermore, the ideal candidate will have an interest in working on a start-up team in an entrepreneurial team within APCO Insight to help develop new products and methodologies to sell to clients and prospects around reputation management, corporate branding, thought leadership and/or public affairs issues management.
in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.