Intern, Corporate Communications
The APCO internship is designed to give interns a valuable educational experience, with exposure to a wide range of client work. While APCO interns are encouraged to develop their interest in either public relations or government relations, they will gain exposure in both practice areas. Outstanding interns may be given the opportunity to transition to permanent, full-time employment. The following are specific duties assigned to interns and are performed on a daily basis:
- News monitoring and analysis;
- Conducting research for existing projects and new business opportunities;
- Providing support in content drafting, media relations, online community engagement and event management;
- Assisting with business proposal development;
- Active participation in brainstorming and strategy planning sessions;
- Performing similar duties as assigned
Requirements & qualifications:
Education: Bachelor or master’s degree in progress, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing, Political Science or related fields
Experience: Relevant internship experience preferred
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in corporate communications and/or government relations;
- Reliable, detail-oriented, and with analytical thinking;
- Able to balance multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work as in a team and independently;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficiency with design and video editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere) preferred;
Languages: Excellent written and oral communication skills in Mandarin and English required
The Intern should be able to make a commitment to an internship for 3-6 months and spend at least 3 full working days per week in the office.
The position will be based in APCO’s Shanghai office working alongside approximately 30 Chinese and international colleagues and a staff of more than 50 people across Greater China. Domestic and occasional international travel is a requirement of the job.
APCO Worldwide is an advisory and advocacy communications consultancy helping leading public and private sector organizations act with agility, and build organizational reputations, brands, relationships and solutions to succeed.
Our expertise and integrated approach enable us to provide a full range of services, across industry sectors and global markets, allowing us to offer effective counsel and programs for boards of directors and CEOs. We meet the evolving needs of executives and their teams in communications, public affairs, government relations, legal, risk, organizational transformation, international relations, corporate responsibility and brand marketing.
APCO IN GREATER CHINA
Having entered the China market as one of the first consultancies in 1989, APCO has helped a wide range of organizations succeed in this complex but rewarding environment. We are keenly sensitive to changes in the political, regulatory and business landscape across China and advise business, government and non-profit organizations on issues critical to their success through our offices in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
We provide our clients with business advisory and public affairs offerings ranging from market entry strategy and government relations to risk assessment. Our strategic communications expertise in crisis management, media engagement and digital communications help our clients protect and enhance their reputation in this fast-moving market.
Our multilingual, cross-cultural team of more than 50 is made up of professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds, including business, government, journalism, academia and non-profit. This breadth of experience and perspective allows us to provide integrated solutions tailored to the specific goals of our clients.
or more information please visit: www.apcoworldwide.com