Associate Consultant, Strategic Communications – Spanish speaking
We have an immediate opportunity for a Spanish-speaking public relations and strategic communications professional with a minimum of 3-6 years of experience developing strong writing, media, and project management skills. This experienced professional will join our growing Public Affairs practice in our Washington D.C., headquarters and will work closely with the Office of the Executive Chairman (OXC). The OXC supports our founder and chairman, Margery Kraus, on a range of new business proposals, client support, and thought leadership content.
We are ideally seeking a professional with experience of, or an interest in emerging markets, especially Latin America.
What we’re looking for: A hard-working, versatile professional who is self-directed and embraces a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. You have experience managing work streams while also serving in a key role on major issues-based projects. You have a desire to learn and grow – both across industries and communication mediums, such as traditional media, social/digital media, issues advocacy, and stakeholder communications. You know how to work with clients and have a positive, go-getter attitude.
- Support and implement a wide range of strategic communications and issues management campaigns for our high profile, globally recognized clients
- Provide the highest level of client service on a daily basis through proactive account management, serving as the key client contact while also managing staff (both senior and junior) to successfully maintain and grow client relationships
- Produce high-quality written deliverables, such as press materials, messaging toolkits, social media strategies, and advocacy communications, often under tight deadlines
- Take ownership of media relations efforts including cultivating relationships with media, drafting op-eds and talking points, organizing press conferences, and more
- Proactively monitor developments in key client issue areas and flag opportunities for further client engagement
- Closely manage client budgets, ensuring that projects and corresponding staffing are within allotted budgets
- Participate in business development activities including writing proposals and developing pitch decks
- Ideally, a minimum of 3-6 years of public affairs, strategic communications, or media experience. Agency experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Exceptional writing and analytical skills, and the ability to write both strategically and creatively under tight deadlines
- Solid project management experience, including overseeing a team and multiple deliverables
- Strong presentation skills
- Previous experience developing strategic communications plans across various industries and subject areas (healthcare, travel, technology, transportation, energy, etc.)
- Fluency in Spanish
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many top Fortune 500 companies. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
APCO Worldwide, named one of the Best Agencies to Work For in North America by PRovoke Media for four consecutive years and a 2020 Top Places to Work in PR by PRNews, offers a collegial work environment, countless training and development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.