Senior Integrated Media Buyer
Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with more than 30 offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia – with a diverse global team of more than 750 experts.
APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and six of the top 10 companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business and has been named the “Best EMEA Network to Work For, 2017” and “Public Affairs Agency of the Year, 2017” by the Holmes Report.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate, collaborative and adaptable individual to join our team as a Media Planner. The job covers media planning and buying from A to Z – target analysis, plan development, client management, media partner negotiations, program execution & optimization and champions integration and strategy.
This role is responsible for ownership of strategic planning across all media channels (offline and online). Candidate must have a solid foundation of knowledge and experience across all media channels, with an emphasis on digital media. Candidate must exhibit a proven ability to plan, execute and analyze digital campaigns across display, mobile, rich media and video. A firm understanding of both branding principles and ROI driving tactics will be critical for this position.
- Responsible for the negotiation, purchase, execution and delivery of approved media plans including Digital TV, Cable, Radio, Print, and Outdoor as well as some digital extensions in OTT/CTV and streaming audio in local spot markets
- Responding to competitive requests; researching and compiling competitive data
- Develop and apply a working knowledge of basic media concepts, terminology, media math and media plan execution (e.g., reach, frequency, universe, rating, CPM)
- Assemble and evaluate marketing data to determine the client's advertising and media needs
- Analyze media alternatives to recommend how to best allocate the advertising budget
- Maintain regular contact with clients and account management
- Train assistant media planner(s)
- Meet with sales representatives and make recommendations to the team
- Keeping up with marketplace opportunities; evaluate and propose targeting, geography, scheduling, support level, and budget
- Work with other teams to solve media problems (e.g. buyers understand planners and vice versa, execution of integrated/added value programs, billing discrepancies, traffic problems, contract loading, pre-emption, make-goods)
- Write POV's
- Report campaign performance including TV post buys, delivery/pacing and optimization recommendations
- Build and maintain excellent Vendor/Publisher relationships
- Provide deadlines for materials and mechanical specs to client, internal team, creative and traffic department
- Assist Media Planners with media plan development including gathering materials and presentation building, provide current market conditions and rate expectations, recommended daypart GRP goals by market, CPPs using SQAD (RFP vendors, Scarborough, request media kits, Key Notes, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration, or communication
- At least 3-5 years of media planning experience within an agency
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task, work successfully with teams, and work under pressure
- Excellent time-management skills
- Willingness to travel up to 20%