Associate Director of Development
Another Source’s client, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (TCSPP), is recruiting an Associate Director of Development to join their Downtown Los Angeles campus.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is a not-for-profit independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. TCSPP’s student body is comprised of more than 4,300 students at campuses across the country (Chicago, New Orleans, Dallas, Southern California, and Washington, D.C.) and online. TCSPP has been an innovator in the field of psychology and related behavioral science since 1979.
The Chicago School is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and is an active member of the National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology—which has recognized The Chicago School for its distinguished service and outstanding contributions to cultural diversity and advocacy.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology strives to maintain its reputation as the “Employer of Choice” in higher education. We create a challenging and rewarding work environment with ample opportunities for growth. TCSPP offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
To learn more about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology:
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology seeks a dynamic and proven fund development professional for the position of Associate Director of Development. Reporting to the Associate Vice President, the Associate Director will provide the vision and strategic leadership for fundraising efforts around institutional initiatives of the highest value and priority to The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. This key leadership position provides extraordinary vision, strategic direction, an entrepreneurial spirit, and effective management for the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Work with the Associate Vice President to develop an advancement strategic plan.
- Build and manage TCSPP’s first internship program team comprised of business students from CA universities and TCSPP’s IO program in LA.
- Develop a solid infrastructure for LA-based annual campaigns.
- Work closely with the President and key constituents in planning and implementing LA-based events to increase TCSPP branding and non-tuition revenue.
- Establish strong relationships with key constituents, strengthening ties with the national TCSPP communities, and working effectively with government and business representatives.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Alumni Relations and Development to set the vision and strategic direction for programs that seek to involve alumni and friends in advancing the fundraising priorities of TCSPP.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills in business and grant proposals, PowerPoint presentations, leadership meetings and academic documents, and through interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate ability to work across a complex organization and provide inspired leadership.
Specific fundraising responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing strategies that will meet the annual fundraising goal each year.
- Increasing Alumni financial contributions by inspiring passive graduates to become engaged supporters.
- Securing funding from donors, corporations, TCSPP volunteers, and the LA community for the new Institute for Adolescent Suicide Prevention at the LA campus.
- Providing support for TCSPP fundraising events at other campuses.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in advancement/fundraising is required.
- Proven record of successful fundraising.
- Deep understanding of and appreciation for the philanthropic process and individual giving behaviors combined with direct solicitation experience.
- Excellent understanding of strategic campaign techniques and other campaign development tools.
- Experience developing relationships with corporations and securing sponsorships for fundraising events.
- Experience developing community partnerships that result in collaborative fundraising efforts.
- Creative, professional, and entrepreneurial spirit; strong intellectual curiosity.
- Experience in higher education fundraising.
- Experience with donor database platforms.
- Experience planning and managing cause-marketing events.
- Working knowledge of planned giving; financial and/or estate planning concepts is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to motivate team to keep them engaged, energized, and focused on results.
- Advanced degree strongly preferred.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.