Process Improvement Analyst
Another Source’s client, Stanford University, is recruiting a Process Improvement Analyst to join their Improvement, Analytics and Innovation Services team.
Here’s a little about Stanford’s Improvement, Analytics and Innovation Services team and the position they are recruiting for:
The Improvement, Analytics and Innovation Services team is a newly formed department within Stanford tasked with providing management and operational consulting services to a highly complex university administration with hundreds of business processes and dozens of major systems. The team of internal consultants strives to create, instill, and sustain a business improvement discipline that delivers transformed and efficient processes through a data-driven approach.
The Process Improvement team is instrumental in helping various clients understand, document, and ultimately improve their business processes. This team is composed of process improvement professionals with expertise in Stanford business processes, process improvement best practices, and project selection/project management. The team is in search of a team member who can provide meaningful assistance in executing process improvement projects, measurably improving business processes and providing high quality deliverables. In addition to a “can-do” attitude and strong work ethic, we also value your strong business judgement, professionalism, and exceptional problem-solving skills.
The team will support exciting and diverse projects across Stanford with varied processes and clients that are not limited to any industry. There will be countless opportunities to have a huge impact with this small team and grow!
Your responsibilities include:
- Work with other team members to support multiple complex, high-visibility process innovation projects that span multiple central departments and disparate department and academic units.
- Responsible for running smaller process improvement projects.
- Responsible for the development of process maps to support process improvement projects.
- Provide insights to basic improvement methodology and tools.
- Assist in assessing processes to determine how to reduce rework, improve quality, improve efficiency, increase revenue and/or improve the ability to deliver desired services or outputs.
- Implement our project approach and process improvement tools to maximize net improvement in targeted business processes.
- Assist in analysis of operational intelligence metrics by identifying, collecting, and synthesizing key measures and performance metric targets.
- Provide hands-on team facilitation, training, and process improvement subject matter expertise to business partners.
- Develop and execute change management strategy relative to project and stakeholders.
- Challenge current working practices; identify process improvement opportunities and facilitate goal setting using customer feedback, analysis, and other systems.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities you bring:
- Basic process improvement best practices/techniques, lean six sigma and project management skills.
- Ability to work with little or no direction in environments resistant to change or unable to change quickly.
- Ability to handle ambiguity in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent tasks and changing priorities.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate and present appropriately at all levels of the organization through written and verbal methods.
- Excellent influence management skills.
- Ability to work across multiple, distributed, siloed, functional groups.
- Strong enterprise-wide vision, seeing the big picture, recognizing critical details and dealing with ambiguity.
- Aptitude for understanding organization operations and culture and the related functional capabilities of implemented enterprise applications (custom and off-the-shelf).
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and software applications involving dynamic models and process flows.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business, or other related field and two or more years of progressively responsible, relevant experience.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification with process improvement experience preferred.
Working at Stanford:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources. http://stanfordcareers.stanford.edu/pay-and-rewards/a-competitive-edge
- Legacy and Innovation. Our new state-of-the-art campus in Redwood City is a vibrant workplace with many great amenities to take in across our 35–acre site. Attend a meeting in our new multi–faceted conference rooms. Or get in a great workout at our impressive 28,000 square–foot Recreation & Wellness Center complete with a six–lane rooftop pool and indoor basketball court.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts, and more!
This is initially a 2 year fixed term position (with intent to convert to a continuing position) and provides the same benefits as a continuing employee; competitive pay that reflects market trends, and benefits that increase financial stability and promote healthy, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.
Keywords: project manager, program manager, kaizen, lean, process strategy, business process analyst, lean six sigma