Director of Evaluation - Admissions Stanford MBA
Another Source’s client, Stanford University, is recruiting a Director of Evaluation for the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Here’s a little about Stanford’s Graduate School of Business and the position they are recruiting for:
Residing in Silicon Valley, the heart of innovation, Stanford GSB has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, push the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offer a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We strive to change lives, change organizations, and change the world. Visit gsb.stanford.edu to see how alumni are changing lives, changing organizations and changing the world!
Is this Job for Me?
The Assistant Dean and Director of MBA Admissions and Financial Aid seeks a Director of Evaluation. In this role, you will have the opportunity to both develop and execute strategy in a renowned academic institution. You will design the criteria and processes to identify the next generation of world class leaders for Stanford GSB. In addition, you will oversee two team members who manage application evaluators and alumni interviewers.
You will conduct analyses to assess the effectiveness of admission decisions and develop content to inform prospective students about our application and evaluation process. You also may facilitate discussions with university-wide stakeholders, including faculty, senior staff, and students to identify evaluation process needs and opportunities. In addition, you will consider state and federal guidelines and their impact on current processes and future strategy.
As an Admissions Officer, you will conduct information sessions on campus and across the globe to recruit prospective candidates. You also will evaluate applications as part of the admissions committee, and help enroll those students who are admitted. Your ability to build and cultivate relationships, handle difficult situations with diplomacy, and maintain the strictest confidentiality are essential.
Are you a high achieving professional, with exemplary stamina for delivering sustained change, and deep curiosity about how to assess human potential? Then this position may be the right fit for you.
Your primary responsibilities include:
- Lead the development and implementation of a highly selective process to evaluate candidates for the Stanford GSB MBA Program.
- Help craft a class with diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Provide strategic direction for evaluation, including planning and managing program resources.
- Develop, analyze, and measure the effectiveness of the evaluation process.
- Make hiring decisions, provide coaching and mentoring, and manage staff performance.
- Evaluate applications and interview applicants.
- Develop and deliver outreach programs in local, national, and international communities.
- Identify, clarify, and resolve complex issues with university-wide impact and substantial significance, which may span multiple areas and require discretion and judgment.
- Oversee the interpretation, implementation and compliance with policies and regulations. Recommend actions and/or resolve complex issues that often span organizational boundaries.
- Represent school/department programs and initiatives at senior-level meetings, conferences, and to both internal and external constituents.
- Partner with technical and department staff to develop technology infrastructure, which delivers enhanced student and staff experience, operational efficiency, and analytics.
- Identify, manage relationships, and negotiate with external and internal partners. Be flexible to completing any other additional assigned duties.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and five years relevant experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects, including project planning, scheduling, tracking, and budgeting.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills to clearly and effectively communicate information to internal and external audiences and all levels of management.
- Strong analytical skills to review and assess complex qualitative and quantitative information.
- Strong leadership and strategic skills.
- Demonstrated success in managing people.
- Demonstrated ability to respect and encourage diverse perspectives.
- Understanding of underlying technological needs and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- User knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Salesforce experience is a plus.
In addition, our preferred requirements include:
- Advanced degree; MBA preferred.
- Functional experience in recruitment, talent assessment, training, or admissions desirable.
- Industry experience in admissions, human resources, or higher education beneficial.
- Demonstrated evidence of managing complex projects to completion with performance risk.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends occasionally.
Working at Stanford:
Stanford’s dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous benefits align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a Ted Talk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.
To learn more about Stanford benefits: http://stanfordcareers.stanford.edu/pay-and-rewards/a-competitive-edge and https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/benefits-rewards/sweeteners
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process.