Amplifon Americas, a leader in the rapidly growing hearing care industry, is expanding its accounting team in Minneapolis with a newly created Senior Accountant role supporting the Amplifon Hearing Health Care (AHHC) business and the Americas financial close process. Amplifon Americas is a wholly owned subsidiary of Amplifon S.p.A., an Italian corporation whose shares are publicly traded on the Milan, Italy exchange.
This role will require analytical skills and thorough knowledge of GAAP and IFRS principles to enhance our ability to support AHHC as it continues its growth and adds an additional capability as a Third-Party Administrator. Although this role reports to an Accounting Manager, it is anticipated that consistent contact with Finance and Operations for AHHC will be an essential piece of this role so that any accounting implications of new processes can be identified and planned. This role will also be involved with the monthly financial close process for AHHC and other Americas businesses as well as the audited stand-alone financial statements for AHHC.
Other key elements of the job will include account reconciliations, journal entries, calculation of estimates for accruals and reserves, IFRS 15 (ASC 606) analysis of revenue streams, and coordination on closing items with the accounting team in both Minneapolis and Milan.
Ensuring a high level of accuracy while meeting deadlines and delivering clear messages and coordination with non-accounting cross-functional teammates will be essential for success in this role. This role is intended to become a subject matter expert in AHHC accounting across the balance sheet and P&L, and you will add significant value as AHHC rolls out new processes and capabilities and feel rewarded when your recommendations and guidance are implemented.
Success will be driven by asking questions, being inquisitive, and challenging status quo. New processes are being developed and there is a planned transition to the Oracle Cloud ERP system within the next 2 years. As this is a new role, it will be necessary to reach out and drive solutions by coordinating with internal partners and identifying any gaps in accounting processes throughout AHHC.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field
- 5+ years of accounting experience required or 3+ public accounting
- General Ledger experience required, JD Edwards preferred.
- Advanced Office skills; able to design Excel workbooks necessary to analyze data and present findings using formulas, lookup, tables, pivot charts, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting methods, principles, and the ability to apply this knowledge creatively in situations where procedures are not well defined.
- Broad understanding of overall sales, accounts receivable and inventory transactions
- Effective, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to focus on details and perform functions with accuracy
While this is a highlight of what you will do, what you will get is great too:
- Excellent compensation & benefits
- Career path planning & mentorship
- Award winning work/life balance
- International project experience
- An amazing team of colleagues and leaders
Ready to Amplify Your Career? Apply now…