Global General Ledger Accountant
One Amplifon Transformation Program
Amplifon is an Italian multinational company and the global leader in hearing care solutions and services for retail expertise, customization and consumer care. More than 17,000 professionals every day in a network of 11,000 points of sale / service centers / affiliates, give back the joy of hearing, feeling and living to thousands of people across the world.
At Amplifon, we are working to reshape our finance operations worldwide. To get there, we need exceptional people.
The business is undergoing a finance change and this opportunity requires a motivated leaders to play a critical part. This business is vastly international and is full of bright and engaging characters. We want someone who is seriously passionate about creating a best-in-class finance function, from a process and management of information perspective.
You will be part of the One Amplifon team as you review, upgrade and change existing processes to maximise efficiencies. The lead will complete the scoping, project management and effective delivery of a new finance target operating model and finance cloud suite for the firm. This role will help to transform and improve finance and accounting processing and reporting. This person will ensure group led activities are implemented successfully and will possess project management skills along with deep knowledge of finance and accounting practices. She/he will also be able to deep dive into specific areas of issue, helping to unblock and resolve. The role holder should have an inquisitive mind, attention to detail and should be someone who will go the extra mile to get things right not being afraid to challenge and drive change.
What we are looking for
As Finance Transformation Lead, you will immediately be afforded plenty of responsibility. The transformation will be focused on the finance function which includes areas such as General Ledger, Tax & Statutory, Treasury. As a newly created position, there will be autonomy available and is a fantastic opportunity for a transformation / change specialist with experience of finance transformation to really make an impact.
This role will support the Group Finance Director in looking across the end-to-end processes and system functionality to optimise teams capability, increase efficiency, remove blockers, and reduce risk at global level and locally.
You will be pivotal in driving change that will automate manual tasks and allow for the existing finance team to become more analysis focused. You will take ownership for the transformation and seek to improve processes and systems.
The role will suit you if you are a self-starter who is looking for an opportunity that will have a significant impact both in the short and long term.
- Work closely with global and local project teams (both finance and technology) to help implement the target operating model. Ensure linkage to the central team in execution of country roll-outs.
- Collaborate with country finance teams to develop, track, and analyse detail processes.
- End to end R2R process design across the finance function.
- Map and define critical processes and issues.
- Leverage your experience and knowledge to identify areas of improvements.
- Review of the end-to-end finance processes, information, controls, and systems.
- Managing any ad-hoc or newly created requirements.
- Set up and run regular governance meetings and updates to stakeholders.
- Development and delivery of solutions to improve automation, efficiency and to improve business insights.
- Driving simplification and standardisation of systems and processes.
- Be engaging, proactive and influential.
Skills and Experience
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a cross-functional finance leadership role, ideally in a high-growth international business
- Your track record will include successfully leading finance transformation projects.
- Process analysis and continuous improvement experience and adept at identifying and implementing new processes.
- Look at best of breed solutions across the systems landscape.
- Experience designing and delivering finance transformation projects.
- Your previous roles must have specialized in change and projects rather than BAU.
- Ability to work with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Project management experience of cross-functional finance-related projects.
- An exceptionally strong and clear communicator used to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong finance background.
- Experience working within a leading IT Services, Systems Integrator or Management Consultancy (preferably Big 4, IBM, Accenture, Capgemini etc.).
- Experienced in using Oracle Cloud (advantageous but not essential)
- Fluent in English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, or related field.