Group Procurement Category Manager - Retail/Shops & Construction
Who we are
Amplifon is an Italian multinational company and the global leader in hearing care solutions and services for retail expertise, customisation and consumer care. More than 16,000 professionals every day in a network of 11,000 points of sale / service centers / affiliates, give back the joy of hearing, feeling and living to thousands of people across the world.
In Amplifon we believe people are the most important component of our success. Thanks to our best-in-class Hearing Care Professionals and front and back office Teams, we are able to put the everyday taps, pops and splashes back into the lives of our customers. We believe that it’s only through strong investment in talent engagement, continuous professional development, support and recognition that our people can exceed every limit and build a fulfilling career.
Who we are looking for
The Procurement Category Manager will oversee activities related to the procurement of Retail development for Amplifon.
Responsibilities include managing the sourcing process and developing/implementing procurement-related business strategies and tactics that deliver value along the dimensions of cost, quality, delivery/service, risk management and compliance.
This position will also partner with internal stakeholders ensuring alignment and achievement of business targets.
The ideal candidate will:
- Ensure expertise within the Retail category area.
- Develop and execute the category management strategy, ensuring alignment with the overall business strategy.
- Lead the development of the Procurement procedure, process and tasks for Store Opening and Store Renovation (Renovation, Furniture, and Rents sourcing strategies)
- Collaborate with Marketing Function to develop the “New Concept Store” Project and lead its deployment at global level.
- Implement and monitor selected metrics and KPIs (both at Global and Local level).
- Identify, design, and implement continuous improvement activities aiming to optimize cost while guarantying better quality of service.
- Analyse the spend and identifies priorities in accordance with local constraints and central guidelines.
- Negotiate with suppliers to find the best quality services and parts at the best possible price.
- Manage key suppliers through Supplier Relationship Management practices such as contract management, scorecards, business reviews and other methods required to ensure the company’s best interests are served.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders, cross-functional colleagues and suppliers.
- Troubleshoot problems and resolve issues with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Drive improvement initiatives in Quality, Reporting, Cost Reduction, Procedures, Supplier Audits, etc.
What you'll need
- Bachelors’ degree preferably in Engineering, Architecture or business-related.
- 5-7 years of experience as a max in Retail business required; experience with category management required.
- Experience negotiating and finalizing business terms and conditions for supplier contracts.
- Project and Program Management.
- Communication and buy in.
- Change management.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications such as EXCEL, Microsoft WORD, Office. Direct hands on experience in an MRP systems environment preferred.
- English and Italian (fluent both written and spoken)
- Self-starter, energetic and willing to leave a legacy
- Able to cope with diverse environment (different cultures; level of capabilities etc)
- Mobile and open to travel
- Must have proved communication and team building skills.