Global Infrastructure Cloud Specialist
Who we are
Amplifon is an Italian multinational company and the global leader in hearing care solutions and services for retail expertise, customization and consumer care. More than 17,000 professionals every day in a network of 11,500 points of sale / service centers / affiliates, give back the joy of hearing, feeling and living to thousands of people across the world.
In Amplifon we believe people are the most important component of our success. Thanks to our best-in-class Hearing Care Professionals and front and back office Teams, we are able to put the everyday taps, pops and splashes back into the lives of our customers. We believe that it’s only through strong investment in talent engagement, continuous professional development, support and recognition that our people can exceed every limit and build a fulfilling career.
What we are looking for
The Global Cloud Operation Specialist will play a key role into the new Global IT organization at Amplifon.
The resource will be responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of the cloud environments and services across the hybrid multicloud environment of Amplifon.
He/she will manage the infrastructure that support the business and participate in research and development to continuously improve and keep up with the IT business needs. The resource will also be actively involved, directly or with the support of external partners, in problem and issue resolution on services and server systems to limit business disruptions within the company.
He/she will be responsible for the management of the different cloud environments assuring they are correctly configured, secured, monitored and optimized in terms of resource utilization.
Key responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Administer and support core Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and VMware technologies
- Administer Clouds consoles in terms of IAM/RBAC and Optimize cloud spending
- Design and implement automation solutions that will make a hands-off environment
- Design, install, configure and proactively manage internal and customer facing services in the cloud environments
- Develop and implement project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting solutions
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Provide support for Infrastructure related emergencies
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Assist with hardware, cloud, and software vendor evaluation, recommendation, and negotiations
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
What you'll need
- Knowledge of Cloud environments like as Azure, AWS, OCI and GCP (Computing, networking, security, etc.)
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation concepts and solutions
- Knowledge of enterprise discovery and monitoring solutions (Knowledge of Microfocus uCMDB, Operation Bridge and Network Operation Management is a plus)
- Knowledge of BI solution for cloud reporting (PowerBI) is preferred
- Proven experience as a Cloud Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude and communication skills
- Cloud infrastructures specifically Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience; professional certification (e.g. Azure and AWS certifications) is a plus
- 4+ years’ experience in administering IT infrastructure