Marketing Performance Data Scientist
Who we are
Amplifon is the global leader in the hearing care retail industry. Since 1950 we’ve been changing the lives of millions of customers all around the world. And though we are a global company that is constantly growing, we have a start-up approach and strive for innovation every day. We take pride in setting the standard for our industry and constantly challenge and improve the customer and employee experience.
Every day, more than 17,000 professionals work in a network of 11,000 points of sale, to give back the joy of hearing, feeling and living to thousands of people across the world. At Amplifon we believe people are the most important component of our success. Thanks to our best-in-class Hearing care professionals and front and back-office teams, we are able to put the everyday taps, pops and splashes back into the lives of our customers. We believe that it’s only through strong investment in talent engagement, continuous professional development, support and recognition that our people can exceed every limit and build a fulfilling career.
In The Netherlands, Amplifon operates under the Beter Horen brand and is the leading brand in the hearing care industry with over 110 years of expertise, around 200 points of sale and 750 dedicated professionals. As the hearing care specialist, Beter Horen stands for customized hearing solutions to empower people to re-discover all the emotions of sound.
As part of our 'best place to work' strategy, Amplifon Netherlands will move to a modern, sustainable and inspiring office in Utrecht early 2022. The office will be a place of collaboration, creativity and where people experience being part of the international Amplifon organization.
We are looking for a Marketing Performance Data Scientist who will support our marketing team with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for developing our current customer knowledge and to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights.
At the same time they are comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams, you will work closely with the business and identify relevant opportunities or risks for business/revenue growth. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions (particular focus on Marketing and IT stakeholders).
- Design and implement processes to ensure data quality and data enrichment.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of customer insights.
- Assess the effectiveness of CRM, Digital, brand, media and advertisement activities
- Translate data insights into compelling and to the point recommendation and output for marketeers and other stakeholders
- Leads regular marketing customer funnel forecasting process and monitors business
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement Business KPI dashboards and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Provides data to forecast all main funnel events (test, trial, sales, ASP) and product mix also at shop level.
- Conducts ongoing category and product level analysis.
- Extracts data to create ad-hoc analyses that enable deeper understanding of customer segments, marketing campaigns, business trends and channel performance.
What you will need
- We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience working with large data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams, able to translate complex data into meaningful insights
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Strong problem solving skills.
What we offer
- A performance-enhancing and dynamic culture in which personal contribution is most important
- A working atmosphere that allows you to shape our growing company and to take over responsibility from day one
- Collaboration in a dynamic and highly motivated team as well as close cooperation with our international colleagues
- We encourage people to seize the opportunities offered by our international network to gain experience in dynamic projects across countries and functions
- Individual career planning, customized trainings, a comprehensive onboarding program, a versatile e-learning program as well as interesting development opportunities
- An attractive compensation package and company pension plan
- 24 days of vacation (plus an extra day off on your birthday), flexible working hours and smart home office arrangements