Data Scientist - Italy Marketing
Who we are
Amplifon is an Italian multinational company and the global leader in hearing care solutions and services for retail expertise, customization and consumer care. More than 17,000 professionals every day in a network of 4,500 points of sale, 3,800 service centers and 1,900 affiliates, give back the joy of hearing, feeling and living to thousands of people across the world.
In Amplifon we believe people are the most important component of our success. Thanks to our best-in-class Hearing Care Professionals and front and back office Teams, we are able to put the everyday taps, pops and splashes back into the lives of our customers. We believe that it’s only through strong investment in talent engagement, continuous professional development, support and recognition that our people can exceed every limit and build a fulfilling career.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our marketing team with insights gained from analyzing company data. In particular, the person will be the engine of “data democratization”, from DWH to actionable insights for all the business units within Italian marketing Department (CRM/ Offering/ Digital etc) and outside Marketing.
Therefore, the ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for developing our current customer knowledge and to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Finally, and most importantly, they must feel comfortable in proactively finding human truth and suggesting human-relevant actions, not only crunching data for the sheer data sake.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions (particular focus on Marketing and IT stakeholders)
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of customer insights
- Assess the effectiveness of CRM and Digital activities
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation and other business outcomes
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Extract insights and data about product appeal and offering effectiveness to help design new offering, targeted and at mass level
What you'll need
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Proactive, empathic and with business acumen: translate insight into relevant sizeable actions
We’re looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field.